Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Anyone else more proud of getting 4 bbs than 4 HRs in a single game? (/forums/showthread.php?t=477923)

torpidbeaver 04-14-2011 02:29 PM

Anyone else more proud of getting 4 bbs than 4 HRs in a single game?

I'm *finally* getting a couple walks a game, and it feels like I'm a friggin' pro. My HR numbers are garbage, but at least I'm getting my eye.

devilsjaw 04-14-2011 02:46 PM

Re: Anyone else more proud of getting 4 bbs than 4 HRs in a single game?

Yes. My goal every game is to try and get at least 3 walks a game. And to strike out less than 10 times a game :blush:

truckie16 04-14-2011 02:48 PM

Yeah, I'm the same way. I just recently walked four times in a game( first time ever in the show). I was jumping up after each walk, pumping my fist. I've been able to walk in other games like 2k and mvp but have always had a hard time with the show. It's nice to drive up the opposition pitch count. My first 10-15 games the opposing pitcher would average about 60-75 pitches against me, now the last 5-6 games it's more like 90-115. Makes a big difference.

Heroesandvillains 04-14-2011 02:59 PM

Definitely.

I walked 7 times in a game last night! It's very rewarding.

Neolithic 04-14-2011 03:02 PM

The day I draw 2 walks in a game I"m celebrating. If I draw FOUR?!!?!?!? All of OS is celebrating!

I"m trying....slowly :P I just can't get my head to accept taking called strikes...

torpidbeaver 04-14-2011 03:09 PM

Holy crap, I'm up to 5 walks in a game. I'm delirious with happiness, despite the fact that I've struck out 11 times so far.

@heroes -- Up until today, I never thought 7 walks would be possible. Now... it's conceivable, if highly unlikely.

Sigh. Make that 12 Ks for the game, 5 bbs. I'll take it, I guess. Damn my chasing heart.

steelersfan77 04-14-2011 04:48 PM

What I usually do is look at the starter I'm facing and his ratings under the select screen. If his base on ball rating is low I really try and work the pitcher. If he is a pitcher that is prone to losing control as he gets tired coupled with the confidence meter sinking I really try and work his pitches. That usually helps me achieve walks.

What I love about this game is that that's not always a guarantee.

If the pitcher has a high rating for throwing strikes I'm usually in there attacking. You're not usually going to work alot of walks against say Roy Halladay. You might as well go in there looking for your pitch. Most of the time he hits both sides of the plate well. You have to go to opposite field against him.

Latdogg 04-14-2011 04:53 PM

Yea, I would find it a great accomplishment to get 4 walks as opposed to 4 HRs in a game. I have yet to walk even once but I am only ~5 games into my RTTS.