Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Hillis Ahead of Vick For Madden NFL 12 Cover (/forums/showthread.php?t=479528)

Steve_OS 04-24-2011 02:35 PM

Hillis Ahead of Vick For Madden NFL 12 Cover

According to some Darren Rovell sources, if the vote ended today, Peyton Hillis would be on the cover of Madden NFL 12. Strong rumblings around the web say, it's a wrap.

Official word comes Wednesday.

NDAlum 04-24-2011 02:37 PM

Re: Hillis Ahead of Vick For Madden NFL 12 Cover

Dear EA,

I would uphold my promise to buy the game if Peyton Hillis wins.

Love,
NDAlum

RebelHog 04-24-2011 02:46 PM

Heck yeah Woo Pig Sooie!

D-Mac in 2009 for NCAA Football!

Peyton Hillis in 2012 for Madden!

LiquorLogic 04-24-2011 03:00 PM

GOOD !!!!!!!

Kevin26385 04-24-2011 03:06 PM

Amazing to see the support behind Hillis. Hopefully he can pull it off!

splff3000 04-24-2011 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiquorLogic (Post 2042336625)
GOOD !!!!!!!

lol, I'm sure there's a lot of Eagles fans happy about that lol.

canes21 04-24-2011 03:08 PM

Awesome! I don't like Vick at all, and I definitely would hate to see him on the cover.

DaveFerret 04-24-2011 03:14 PM

Looking at Vick on the cover would make me puke

shigogouhou 04-24-2011 03:19 PM

Good for Hillis, but I feel bad for him. Unlike all the other cover athletes, he's going to be surrounded by questions; "Did he win just because Cleveland stuffed the ballot? Did he win because EA doctored it to keep Vick from repeating as cover boy? Did he win because supporters of the ones EA would've chosen all stuffed the ballots against to prevent the Curse from striking their team?"

WDOgF0reL1fe 04-24-2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shigogouhou (Post 2042336675)
Good for Hillis, but I feel bad for him. Unlike all the other cover athletes, he's going to be surrounded by questions; "Did he win just because Cleveland stuffed the ballot? Did he win because EA doctored it to keep Vick from repeating as cover boy? Did he win because supporters of the ones EA would've chosen all stuffed the ballots against to prevent the Curse from striking their team?"

Or..
"Did he win because everyone loves an underdog and Hillis was a freakin beast for most of the year last year?"

PVarck31 04-24-2011 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WDOgF0reL1fe (Post 2042336724)
Or..
"Did he win because everyone loves an underdog and Hillis was a freakin beast for most of the year last year?"

You are correct sir.

mestevo 04-24-2011 03:46 PM

Quote:

All questions he won't be asked because they're absurd.

mvb34 04-24-2011 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WDOgF0reL1fe (Post 2042336724)
Or..

No its problem to see EA was true to it word.. Most people still believe its a fix..

vols bravesfan 04-24-2011 04:04 PM

Well If Vick was on the cover I was defiantly going to buy it but I don't know now.

PVarck31 04-24-2011 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vols bravesfan (Post 2042336818)
Well If Vick was on the cover I was defiantly going to buy it but I don't know now.

lol are you serious? Would it bother you that much with Hillis being on the cover?

I can't stand Vick, but if the game is good I would still buy it and maybe use a custom cover.

vols bravesfan 04-24-2011 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 31 (Post 2042336844)
lol are you serious? Would it bother you that much with Hillis being on the cover?

I can't stand Vick, but if the game is good I would still buy it and maybe use a custom cover.

The reason it would bother me is it will add to the Hillis Hype Machine. I'm tired of seeing and hearing about him.

djordan 04-24-2011 04:16 PM

No way Hillis is on the cover. Trust me. Wouldn't be a good marketing choice in general for EA. Expect Vick to be on the cover.

TNT713 04-24-2011 04:19 PM

Like I said from day 1 - Hillis all the way...

Later

PVarck31 04-24-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vols bravesfan (Post 2042336851)
The reason it would bother me is it will add to the Hillis Hype Machine. I'm tired of seeing and hearing about him.

He's an up an coming player. Had a great year last season. I think you will be hearing a lot more about him.

countryboy 04-24-2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

so if he doesn't make the cover of Madden, then everyone is going to stop talking about him?
:confused:

PVarck31 04-24-2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djordan (Post 2042336854)
No way Hillis is on the cover. Trust me. Wouldn't be a good marketing choice in general for EA. Expect Vick to be on the cover.

So you are convinced the voting is rigged?

I also don't see Vick as being a good marketing choice either.

lostone 04-24-2011 04:26 PM

bah, this Vick hate is a bit absurd. Wont buy a game because of cover art... it was take something pretty hateful to make me not buy a game due to the cover art. I didnt buy madden 11 because it was the same mess with different stuff plastered on it.

either way, if Vick is on it or not, if its like playing madden 10 again, then I wont be buying Madden for the 2nd straight year. So tired of the same old mess. Give me realistic setting and arcade setting and be done with it.

TheDelta 04-24-2011 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostone (Post 2042336882)
bah, this Vick hate is a bit absurd. Wont buy a game because of cover art... it was take something pretty hateful to make me not buy a game due to the cover art.

I agree not buying a game because of cover art is pretty ridiculous. That said, I could understand someone making a case he won't buy a game that puts a convicted criminal like Vick on the cover simply out of principle. I don't share that opinion, but I can understand it.

That said, I cannot understand how someone could possibly think "I would buy the game with Vick on the cover but with Hillis? Never!"

CM Hooe 04-24-2011 04:43 PM

Quote:

And Michael Vick isn't a hype machine unto himself?

Joborule 04-24-2011 04:51 PM

If Hills makes the cover it'll pain me for how Broncos just gave him away...

JohnZapp 04-24-2011 05:59 PM

i think that both wold look terrible

Nab_Impervious_XII 04-24-2011 06:01 PM

Quote:

"Did he win just because Cleveland stuffed the ballot?

But Cleveland DID stuff the ballot, lol. That's what makes this outcome so impressive. Cleveland finally managed to organize themselves so well that they're actually about to WIN something. I congratulate them for that, and also EA for not backing out.

illwill10 04-24-2011 06:11 PM

I am a big Mick Vick fan, but I am glad Hillis won. I also like Hillis. I love his tough mentality and I always liked power backs instead of speed backs. I was surprised that Broncos traded him. Being the cover athlete of Madden will get the Browns and Hillis more notice.
Hopefully since he will most likely win the Cover, the power run game is improved. The animations for Power Backs arent great and isnt fun. especially with pro-tak which makes it unrealistic.
I wonder if Madden will do what NCAA is doing and have downloadable covers for other candidates I think.
"For those of you who voted for Nick Fairley, Jake Locker, and DeMarco Murray to be on the cover of NCAA Football 12, we'd like to thank you for your efforts by providing down-loadable covers of your favorite athlete. As we get closer to launch (July 12th), you'll be able to download the covers directly from the official NCAA Football 12 website!"

AgaliareptX 04-24-2011 06:23 PM

The thing is there's more to this than just the cover art. With Brees on the cover this past year, the 'theme' of the game, as evidenced by the opening montage/highlight reel, centered around the Saints, Drew Brees and their Super Bowl win. How the heck does Madden incorporate Peyton Hillis into something like that? Most casual fans probably don't even know him.

SmashMan 04-24-2011 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AgaliareptX (Post 2042337118)
The thing is there's more to this than just the cover art. With Brees on the cover this past year, the 'theme' of the game, as evidenced by the opening montage/highlight reel, centered around the Saints, Drew Brees and their Super Bowl win. How the heck does Madden incorporate Peyton Hillis into something like that? Most casual fans probably don't even know him.

So use the opportunity to highlight him? Or just go with an league-encompassing intro like games used to.

TreyIM2 04-24-2011 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djordan (Post 2042336854)

I was thinking the same thing when I heard it was between those two. I wasn't actually following this non-sense but some pieces of info u just can't ignore.

Hillis would definitely be a marketing nightmare for EA IF he actually does win and EA doesn't "shift" a few numbers. Heh...

CRMosier_LM 04-24-2011 07:04 PM

God knows you could make.a highlight reel off of him blasting lbs and dbs, even injuring a couple that tried to hit him high... Not to mention the 1 handed catches, finger tip catches... The 5 defenders he hurdles going down field.

illwill10 04-24-2011 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TreyIM2 (Post 2042337208)
I was thinking the same thing when I heard it was between those two. I wasn't actually following this non-sense but some pieces of info u just can't ignore.

Hillis would definitely be a marketing nightmare for EA IF he actually does win and EA doesn't "shift" a few numbers. Heh...

It will only affect sales numbers from very-casual, first time, and kids. Older(21+), hardcore, or madden fans it wont matter. To us it doesnt matter. But for a kid it might.
Honestly in my opinion, it should have been Rodgers this year then Hillis next year. Another great year and possible playoffs(doubt it with the schedule, but you never know) Hillis will be a household name.

boxboy99 04-24-2011 07:10 PM

At least the Madden curse can't effect the Browns since they already are cursed.

bigsmallwood 04-24-2011 07:20 PM

EA is usually historically predictable...since Mark Ingram a RB is on the cover of the NCAA game, expect a RB on the Madden cover, hence Hillis. That's just what EA does.

illwill10 04-24-2011 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigsmallwood (Post 2042337249)
EA is usually historically predictable...since Mark Ingram a RB is on the cover of the NCAA game, expect a RB on the Madden cover, hence Hillis. That's just what EA does.

hopefully playing as bruisers are more fun

RebelHog 04-24-2011 07:37 PM

A bunch of haters in this thread.

Arkansas is proud of their boy for making this happen!

IndianBird 04-24-2011 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RebelHog (Post 2042337305)
A bunch of haters in this thread.

Arkansas is proud of their boy for making this happen!

Maybe they could both lose. Vick bc he's Vick and Hillis bc he's swine.

statum71 04-24-2011 07:51 PM

Hillis is what John Madden himself would call "just a football player."

I hope he wins..... Madden needs something fresh. We've already had Vick on the cover.

Joborule 04-24-2011 08:13 PM

I don't understand how Hillis would be a marketing nightmare? What is it that he can't do that Vick or Rodgers could, and how would it effect the sales of the game ultimately? Heck, even if Vick made the cover and some people didn't buy the game because he's on the cover, it shouldn't hurt EA sales really all that much. Less than 1% of the market would be that population.