Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Poll on cover athlete. (/forums/showthread.php?t=479928)

mjhyankees 04-27-2011 10:26 AM

Poll on cover athlete.

I was just curious. Hillis will win the vote it seems. Many argue for or against this...but no one questioned the voting process itself.
Yeah, Yeah I know it's over he won get over it and all that. But out of curiousity....would he have still won if the voting went like this:

Vote for the player you'd like to see as the cover athlete on madden 12. Pick any player you like. At the end of the (insert time frame) we will count the votes and the one with the most votes wins!

Can anyone set this up? I don't know how. I do believe we'd see a different, perhaps more deserving winner.

mjhyankees 04-27-2011 10:55 AM

Re: Poll on cover athlete.

And I might add that by more deserving, I mean a more accurate measure of people's opinions. It is afterall still a vote, not an analysis of player abilities.

wheelman990 04-27-2011 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjhyankees (Post 2042346227)
I was just curious. Hillis will win the vote it seems. Many argue for or against this...but no one questioned the voting process itself.
Yeah, Yeah I know it's over he won get over it and all that. But out of curiousity....would he have still won if the voting went like this:

Vote for the player you'd like to see as the cover athlete on madden 12. Pick any player you like. At the end of the (insert time frame) we will count the votes and the one with the most votes wins!

Can anyone set this up? I don't know how. I do believe we'd see a different, perhaps more deserving winner.

I don't see how you can suggest Hillis didn't deserve it.

You might be surprised just who in fact would end up on the cover if it was set up how you mentioned. Not everyone thinks the same way.

There is a thread for cover athlete and voting. There is a lot of Hillis support there.

Tyrant8RDFL 04-27-2011 11:06 AM

When I see Peyton Hillis. I see hard nose football. I think it's great if he makes the cover for Madden 12.

I like the way the voting was setup. It was different and interesting, and in the end it was fun.

From what your saying yes it may have gone different , but only because some may have forgotten about him, but once your reminded of him. Most will vote for the guy.

roadman 04-27-2011 11:19 AM

Yep, I said it in the other thread.

You can look at what if's could of should of's, but you need to look at like the NCAA bracket.

Anyone in that bracket, can win and will win.

Was Connecticut the best team in the country or were they the hottest team the last month or two?

Just like the Packers. They were 8-6 at one point and had to win every game in the playoffs on the road.

Kahuma 04-27-2011 11:34 AM

They couldn't give the cover to anyone, players have fees for promotions, etc. which would explain why Brady or company wasn't in the voting process. Players would have had to agree to a payment, time for promotion, etc. before being allowed in the voting process. EA is still a business and Im sure they involved the cheapest, most marketable players for the voting.

Mo 04-27-2011 11:36 AM

We have a thread about the cover, discuss it there

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-12-cover.html