Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Baseball Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Dynasty League Baseball Update (/forums/showthread.php?t=479988)

RaychelSnr 04-27-2011 05:23 PM

Dynasty League Baseball Update

Last fall, I provided an overview of Dynasty League Baseball Online, a browser-based baseball simulation. Since then, the game has seen the addition of some new features; the biggest is a league mode featuring some of the greatest teams of all time.

Read More - Dynasty League Baseball Update

PatriotJames 04-27-2011 06:00 PM

So you're saying OOTP is less sim than this? I find that hard to believe...

ChaseB 04-27-2011 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriotJames (Post 2042347499)

? OOTP isn't browser based.

Sportsforever 04-27-2011 07:42 PM

Re: Dynasty League Baseball Update

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriotJames (Post 2042347499)

First off, comparing OOTP to this genre of game is like comparing apples & oranges. Secondly, having played both, yes, this game is more "sim" than OOTP. By "sim" I mean player abilities and statistics are more accurately represented. Everyone will have their own definition of sim, however.

choadler 04-27-2011 07:53 PM

Yes, from playing it, OOTP is less sim than this. This is on a different level than OOTP as far as simulating on the field action. This does not simulate the front office like OOTP. this is on the field simulation.

bkrich83 04-27-2011 08:07 PM

Re: Dynasty League Baseball Update

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sportsforever (Post 2042347895)
First off, comparing OOTP to this genre of game is like comparing apples & oranges. Secondly, having played both, yes, this game is more "sim" than OOTP. By "sim" I mean player abilities and statistics are more accurately represented. Everyone will have their own definition of sim, however.

Quote:

Originally Posted by choadler (Post 2042347939)
Yes, from playing it, OOTP is less sim than this. This is on a different level than OOTP as far as simulating on the field action. This does not simulate the front office like OOTP. this is on the field simulation.

Agreed. When talking a simulation of the on field baseball action this game is far beyond OOTP. Not even close.

OOTP is in it's own class as a GM off the field sim, but from a strictly baseball played on the field perspective Dynasty League is on a whole other level.

CPRoark 04-27-2011 09:22 PM

Just for reference: dynastyleaguebaseball.com

Craigsca 04-28-2011 07:45 AM

So, what kind of sample sizes are required to ensure that a pitcher is truly "lockdown"? When you start trying to replicate the minutiae of baseball, you run the risk of replicating luck, rather than true skill.