Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Pro Football 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   all pro football 2k8 advanced controls? (/forums/showthread.php?t=482221)

blackbird23 05-08-2011 11:54 PM

all pro football 2k8 advanced controls?

can someone tell me the controls other than what the manual tells you the only thing i know how to do thats not in the manual is pump fake. i would like to know how to fake hike, strip a ball carrier etc.

DJx79x 05-11-2011 01:01 PM

Re: all pro football 2k8 advanced controls?

there is no ball strip button, fake hike is B and to pump fake you hit the D pad while passing

NFLHITMAN 05-11-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJx79x (Post 2042388902)
there is no ball strip button, fake hike is B and to pump fake you hit the D pad while passing

Actually that's a generic way of pump faking. If you want the most out of a pump fake than double tap to any receiver and it will pump fake the defense to the player you pumped to.

Here is a very advanced control explanation that you can also find in my cap list...

In game adjustments that are not in your manual:

1. Defensive Hot Routing for secondary personal only - You hold down the " RB " button and press your right ananlog stick in the direction you want your defender to now cover in a zone. Example..... If you have someone running a post pattern with the TE all game long and your safties are not covering it correctly than you might want to hot route your safety to the middle zone instead of there normal deep zone. If I want my SS to cover in the middle I would hit the " RB " button, press " Y " button, and flick my right analog stick left to cover the middle zone instead of his normal deep zone.

2. Defensive Hot Routing for LB's and DE - Same thing as above but you use the " LB " button. If you play a zone where your DT, DE or both drop in to coverage and you don't want them to because you want them to blitz also than you highlight those players with your player cursor and press both LB & RB buttons at the same time. This will now redirect them to blitz like everyone else.

3. If you want to hot route a blitz - Do the same things as above but use your D pad to press in the direction you want them to blitz. If you press back on your D pad they will do a delayed blitz.

4. Secondary movements - If you hold down your " RB " button you could shade your secondary in/out/press/ or back up by using your right ananlog stick while holding down the " RB " button.

5. Linebacker movements - Same as #4 but you use the " LB " Button.

6. Flipping the direction of a play is going without flipping the whole formation - Press the " Y " button than click your right ananlog stick like a button. If you had a run going right it will now go left without any hint to the defense what you just did. Same thing with your passing routes.

7. Flipping your play to get WR routes that you cant hot route - Say you want to use a up and out pattern or a double post move for your WR on the right instead of the WR on the left. You do it by flipping the play by using the " Y " button and pressing the right analog stick like a button. Now the WR that used to have the route you wanted now has a different route. Hot route him any route you want and than hot route your RB any route you want. Now your WR on both sides will have the same route. Deadly if used right. I will break this down in a simpler form since I didnt understand how this worked when I tried it either.

7a. You come out 4 wide with a double post, fade, or up and out route for only 1 of your WR's on the outside. You would like to have this route for both WR on the outside but know it can't be done with normal hot routing.

7b. You press " Y " Button than click your right ananlog stick like a button. Now your WR that had the Double move that was on the right side now has a different route but your WR on the left side now has the Double move.

7c. To get your WR on the right to get his Double post move back with out your WR on the left side not losing it you must do this. Hot route the WR on the right to any route you want ( This will show you the route you just hot routed to ) and than hot route your RB to any route also. As soon as you hot route your RB your WR on the right will now go back to his original route which was the Double post move. If you want you can still hot route your RB a different route or your slot WR's something else also and it will not effect your WR's on the outside. The WR's will still have there Double Post routes. this will work with any route you want.

8. Hot Routing your WR/TE/FB/RB - Flick your right analog stick in the direction you want your player to go and click the button that coordinates with that player.

9. Defensive lineman special moves - To use a special move that your Defensive lineman have like Club, Rip, Swim, or Bull rush than use these buttons to perform each one.

9a. Club - Hold down " A " button to charge up and than use the Left Trigger to perform the Club move.

9b. Swim - Same as above but you use the Right Trigger.

9c. Spin - Same as above but you use the Right Bumper.

9d. Rip - Same as above but you use the Left Bumper.

9e. Bull Rush - Same as above but after you charge you tap " A " button as fast as you can.

10. Fake Formation Shifts - Go to a formation you want to fake your in and press the Right Trigger. Pick the real play and formation like normal. When you come to the line of scrimmage it will have your fake formation in it. You press " A " when you want to come out of your fale formation and show your true formation. Note: This take time so leave some time on the clock for yourself because you can not hike the ball until your true formation is shown and lined up correctly.

edoa 02-24-2022 06:28 AM

Hello everyone.
I bring back this old thread in order to ask if anyone has the user's manual to share cause i can't find it and i'm a bit in trouble with controls, as i've never played a football game before (i just played the tutorial on madden nfl 19) and i'm studying the game aswell (it's the other way round - i'm approaching this videogame to have some basic understanding of the sport).

I'm not familiar with basic controls and in game menu doesn't help me that much.

Also i think what's discussed in this topic is very interesting and if someone has to add on that it would be nice cause i don't find so often shared this kind of contents in this way.

Thank you and have a nice day

timbofry1 02-26-2022 07:36 AM

Hi - I played this game years ago and recently got an XBox 360 and bought this game on eBay, but it came without the instruction manual. In game, it only seems to give basic controls, not everything. Any chance someone with a manual could scan it into a PDF and post it here? The 360 version would be preferred, but PS3 would also work, as I could figure out the button translations. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much!

Quote:

Originally Posted by edoa (Post 2050554390)
Hello everyone.
I bring back this old thread in order to ask if anyone has the user's manual to share cause i can't find it and i'm a bit in trouble with controls, as i've never played a football game before (i just played the tutorial on madden nfl 19) and i'm studying the game aswell (it's the other way round - i'm approaching this videogame to have some basic understanding of the sport).

I'm not familiar with basic controls and in game menu doesn't help me that much.

Also i think what's discussed in this topic is very interesting and if someone has to add on that it would be nice cause i don't find so often shared this kind of contents in this way.

Thank you and have a nice day

ThrownOutAtHome 02-27-2022 10:33 AM

HelloTimbofry1. I also am looking for the 360 Manual to 2k8 Football. I did find the PS3 manual online. I can not post the link because I am new here. You can find it by googling: "simheads ps3 manual all pro football 2k8". Then click the top link. To download the manual you are going to have to register. Good luck and wish you well.

ThrownOutAtHome 02-27-2022 11:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm looking for the Xbox 360 manual for APK 2K8 but I did find the PS3 manual and you can figure it out off of that:
I put it in a PDF format and zipped it here.

ThrownOutAtHome 02-27-2022 11:03 AM

I put the PS3 manual in a pdf zipped file below. Good luck.