Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Trading in Madden 11 and NCAA 11 (/forums/showthread.php?t=484099)

Armor and Sword 05-12-2011 10:59 AM

Trading in Madden 11 and NCAA 11

Well it is done. Even though May 16th is Monday I feel pretty confident now in where Madden 12 is heading. I also love how NCAA 12 has looked too.

The time to do it was right now as at gamestop I was able to get 23 bucks for both games plus if I traded a 3rd game worth at least more than 2 bucks I got an additional 10 dollar credit. So I traded in a couple of other non sports games that I played to death and got a nice 41 dollar total allowance towards Madden 12 and NCAA 12.

NCAA 2011 was an amazing ride. I played 4 seasons with my Canes Chise as well as 3 great years with Marshall. This was a tough decision as I normally play my sports games at least 2 cycles. But NCAA 2012 looks like it will be even better than NCAA 11 with refined tackling, presentation and a better RTG and dynasty mode.

Madden 2011 - a good game. I had fun for one season with 4 teams and recently did a fantasy draft that was a great squad but their life got cut short as I made the trade yesterday. So I will play Head Coach 09 for my football fix till the summer.

EA.....make me feel good about this!!!

How many of you are pondering making the trade. And I would encourage you do it very very soon as values will drop like a rock in a couple of weeks.

DJ 05-12-2011 11:20 AM

Re: Trading in Madden 11 and NCAA 11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armor & Sword (Post 2042392025)
Well it is done. Even though May 16th is Monday I feel pretty confident now in where Madden 12 is heading. I also love how NCAA 12 has looked too.

The time to do it was right now as at gamestop I was able to get 23 bucks for both games plus if I traded a 3rd game worth at least more than 2 bucks I got an additional 10 dollar credit. So I traded in a couple of other non sports games that I played to death and got a nice 41 dollar total allowance towards Madden 12 and NCAA 12.

NCAA 2011 was an amazing ride. I played 4 seasons with my Canes Chise as well as 3 great years with Marshall. This was a tough decision as I normally play my sports games at least 2 cycles. But NCAA 2012 looks like it will be even better than NCAA 11 with refined tackling, presentation and a better RTG and dynasty mode.

Madden 2011 - a good game. I had fun for one season with 4 teams and recently did a fantasy draft that was a great squad but their life got cut short as I made the trade yesterday. So I will play Head Coach 09 for my football fix till the summer.

EA.....make me feel good about this!!!

How many of you are pondering making the trade. And I would encourage you do it very very soon as values will drop like a rock in a couple of weeks.

So, that was $23 total for the 2 games?

Armor and Sword 05-12-2011 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ (Post 2042392106)
So, that was $23 total for the 2 games?

Yeah for Madden 11 and NCAA 11 combined. I know...it stinks. And they turn around and charge 40 bucks used prices for those right now.

mjhyankees 05-12-2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armor & Sword (Post 2042392166)
Yeah for Madden 11 and NCAA 11 combined. I know...it stinks. And they turn around and charge 40 bucks used prices for those right now.

That's about 11.50 per game.....what would they give you after m12 comes out? I always turn in my old madden games because I rarely play them if I like the new game.

kenlovin 05-12-2011 12:23 PM

One valuable lesson I've learned over the years is craigslist. There's always someone who wants something at some point. You get you're money's worth. He'll I bought mw2 a year later just to get on 360, and it was 25 bucks, fair to him and for for me.

Armor and Sword 05-12-2011 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjhyankees (Post 2042392251)
That's about 11.50 per game.....what would they give you after m12 comes out? I always turn in my old madden games because I rarely play them if I like the new game.

If you are getting Madden 12 trade your 11 in right now. By the time the summer hits (July) they won't give more than 4-5 bucks for it.

The key here was the additional 10 credit for a third game valued at more than $2 trade value. So that was the kicker. Otherwise I would have kept the game and kept playing my fantasy chise till 12 came out. But I found some value with that credit.

I did the math and by trading in these 4 games (the other 2 were Assasians Creed I and Force Unleashed I) I am paying 39.99 for both Madden 12 and NCAA 12. If I wait till December then I can get those prices (with no trade)...but I want my football games in August and I am not playing these games really anymore (Immersed in NBA2K11 & MLB The Show 11). The 2 non-sports games I have played and beaten 2 times over.

bostonsports 05-12-2011 01:41 PM

ya they give you practicly nothing after the next game comes out, last year they offered me 4 bucks for madden and ncaa combined, I just give mine to a friend every year.

Gotmadskillzson 05-12-2011 05:35 PM

I don't ever trade in my games, not worth it.......Unless you do it a month within release, that is the only time you get fair value for it.

Besides I always like to keep my sports game for I can always go back to compare it with the new game.