Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   The College All-Star Game and Scouting Combine (/forums/showthread.php?t=484518)

bigbob 05-14-2011 07:08 PM

The College All-Star Game and Scouting Combine

These are two things that I missed from whenever I played the PS2/Xbox versions of the games. Who wouldn't love to see what a player may actually be able to do on the field before they're actually drafted into Madden? We all know 99 overall Cam Newton will more likely then not turn into 60 overall Cam Newton once a draft class is brought over. Or 95 speed AJ Green in NCAA will turn into 85 speed AJ Green because he's not considered a first round pick once brought over in a draft class.

So why not give us more of a hands on feel, again like we use to, on how a player will feel once brought over?

buckeye02 05-15-2011 02:05 AM

Re: The College All-Star Game and Scouting Combine

Completely agree. At the very least bring back the senior bowl.

JalenTigh 05-15-2011 02:17 AM

I have been playing Madden for close to 15 years and do not remember any of these features being in the game.

Lexicon 05-15-2011 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JalenTigh (Post 2042399615)
I have been playing Madden for close to 15 years and do not remember any of these features being in the game.

The college all star game was in Madden 07 on PS2 & XBOX. It was great to get to use draftees in an actual game situation. However, if you moved on to XBOX 360 and/or PS3 by that time, then you missed out on some cool features.

TyghtWork 05-15-2011 02:44 AM

i think it was in before that.

But, it really need to come back. Ill like it to be like it is in HC09, but you can play the game.

ABR173rd 05-15-2011 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbob (Post 2042398610)
These are two things that I missed from whenever I played the PS2/Xbox versions of the games. Who wouldn't love to see what a player may actually be able to do on the field before they're actually drafted into Madden? We all know 99 overall Cam Newton will more likely then not turn into 60 overall Cam Newton once a draft class is brought over. Or 95 speed AJ Green in NCAA will turn into 85 speed AJ Green because he's not considered a first round pick once brought over in a draft class.

So why not give us more of a hands on feel, again like we use to, on how a player will feel once brought over?

I definitely agree with you. I think issues with players being transferred over from NCCA specificallyand not mainting some similarities in regards to ratings is basically void now with the ability to edit all players.

Lexicon 05-15-2011 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TyghtWork (Post 2042399654)
i think it was in before that.

But, it really need to come back. Ill like it to be like it is in HC09, but you can play the game.

Pretty sure 07 was the first year. I'm not sure if it was in the PS2 versions after that because I made the move to XBOX 360 after 07.

TLF 05-15-2011 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbob (Post 2042398610)

yea i hated this last year

the Draft classes didnt carry over well at ALL

and they had a All Star game before it was in Madden 07 when the players actually played well , Megatron and Adrian Peterson , Lynch and certain guys were always just as good as they were in College and it was fun playing them against the rest ofd the Draft class based on EAST-WEST Teams