Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Free agent bidding? (/forums/showthread.php?t=485009)

Kaiser Wilhelm 05-18-2011 03:45 PM

Free agent bidding?

Is this something that has been seen before?

I'm just curious because I personally did not think anything was wrong with the old system of getting thirty days to offer and counter offer to free agents.

What worries me more is that this is going to be a pure money game. Last off-season did we not see that money is not the only factor. Grant you that these are in other sports but Cliff Lee and Lebron James both went where the talent was and not the money.

I feel that there was no need for an overhaul. They just needed to adjust how a contract was offered. I think the new offer should have started at the previous offer rather than the player wants. The thing they said was a problem was that the gamer got confused why the player would sign with the AI for less money. Now if the game is already calculating this, wouldn't a simple text pop-up stating why have solved this? "If ...... then ........"

I liked almost every other change but this has me a little puzzled. This seems like a cheap mini-game to appease to the A.D.D. crowd. And no mention of true, classic, fun mini-games is depressing. I hope they just remove the current mini-games. They are sooooooooooo boring!!!!

Danimal 05-18-2011 03:49 PM

Re: Free agent bidding?

You can find the answers to your question in the Franchise blog thread.

Thanks