Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   So, OSU is going to lose some Team Prestige, right? (/forums/showthread.php?t=486790)

KingDeDeDe 05-30-2011 05:59 PM

So, OSU is going to lose some Team Prestige, right?

They've been a six-star team ever since the concept of team prestige was invented. I can't think of any event that would be more connected to team prestige than the coach resigning in disgrace and NCAA sanctions, can you?

This topic isn't entirely about Ohio State, of course. I'm curious as to whether team prestige is going to be as nebulous of a concept as it was before or if it'll be narrowed to account for events like this.

blkrptnt819 05-30-2011 06:07 PM

Re: So, OSU is going to lose some Team Prestige, right?

As long as Florida, Texas, USC and ND are not 6* then ok. But if any of them we keep ours cuz it's PROGRAM prestige and OSU is still a top job.

WildeCane 05-30-2011 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blkrptnt819 (Post 2042444118)
As long as Florida, Texas, USC and ND are not 6* then ok. But if any of them we keep ours cuz it's PROGRAM prestige and OSU is still a top job.

Nd is a five this year

JalenTigh 05-30-2011 06:29 PM

I don't think they should... prestige in some cases rises and falls to easily in this game. Schools like OSU will never, short of a death penalty or multiple losing seasons in a row drop in prestige in real life. Look how long now ND has been just average, or worse and it still is considered elite. OSU is in that same category I think.

JerseySuave4 05-30-2011 06:29 PM

it will be interesting if they tried to get the default coaches in the game to look and be as close to their real counterparts and if they have OSU's looking like Tressel. Good thing we can edit them.

hkwforAUTigers 05-30-2011 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseySuave4 (Post 2042444177)
it will be interesting if they tried to get the default coaches in the game to look and be as close to their real counterparts and if they have OSU's looking like Tressel. Good thing we can edit them.

From what I've learned all the coaches (including prestige ratings) are completely randomized, or at least they hinted that some where I think. Not 100% sure though.

Ziza9Noles94 05-30-2011 07:08 PM

Not sure the team prestige should drop out of the box. It will make CC interesting if someone wants to still create Tressel and make him the new head coach of say Eastern Michigan or some other cellar dweller and see if his coach prestige can turn a lowly program around.

pirates946 05-30-2011 07:10 PM

I highly doubt the team prestige will drop. When I think of OSU, I still would say its a powerhouse. Thats just me. Even without Tressel, its the name of the OSU program.