Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Does controlled awareness mean something?? (/forums/showthread.php?t=486854)

spkills5723 05-31-2011 11:40 AM

Does controlled awareness mean something??

Especially for the QB and RB.

coogrfan 05-31-2011 02:19 PM

Re: Does controlled awareness mean something??

It's my understanding that the awareness rating only factors in when that player is being controlled by the cpu.

Gotmadskillzson 05-31-2011 03:21 PM

what is this deja vu day ?

1st we got a ratings don't matter for linemen thread for the 10th time.....

And now we getting a what does awareness mean thread too for the 25th time too on the same day ??

This must be a sign.

Search button is your friend. People do know they can search questions on these forums right ?

TNT713 05-31-2011 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spkills5723 (Post 2042445898)
Especially for the QB and RB.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coogrfan (Post 2042446352)
It's my understanding that the awareness rating only factors in when that player is being controlled by the cpu.

Yes and No. Basically, the best way to sum this up is to discuss how AWR effects human controlled players and which ones.

QB's with low AWR take longer to throw the ball after the receiver's icon button is pressed, ESPECIALLY if they are on the run. Having EXTENSIVE experience with Matt Moore (Panthers), I use him as my baseline QB.

I've recently had to play in a league with the Cardinals (yuck). I used John Skelton at QB because of his speed. I'm not sure what his AWR is, but it's very low. While playing, I noticed that he took FOREVER to actually deliver a pass once I pressed the button to throw. I was able to rule out lag as the culprit by feeling the response of other players at other positions over the course of six games... In each game all other skill positions were responsive, just not Skelton's throws.

As far as the other skill positions - that's all USER. I noticed no difference in the way WR, TE, or RB reacted to input. But the QB was definitely SLOW on his delivery.

In another league, I used Tony Romo from the Cowboys. His release was faster than Matt Moore's. His AWR is also higher.

I don't think it's a coincidence.

Later

TheDelta 05-31-2011 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNT713 (Post 2042447160)
QB's with low AWR take longer to throw the ball after the receiver's icon button is pressed, ESPECIALLY if they are on the run.

Wow that's an interesting find, thanks, I gotta have a look at that. I always thought AWR didn't matter at all for user controlled players, but what you're saying makes sense. I've played a Cards franchise too and played the first season with Skelton under center, I just blamed the poor performance to his low Accuracy yes his release really felt a lot slower.

I was just lucky enough to pick up a "white Mike Vick" in my first draft so I never really got to play Skelton more.

mojo6911 05-31-2011 07:45 PM

Quote:

In another league, I used Tony Romo from the Cowboys. His release was faster than Matt Moore's. His AWR is also higher.

Later

Romo has one of the quickest releases in league history.

xylocaine 06-01-2011 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mojo6911 (Post 2042447406)
Romo has one of the quickest releases in league history.

Thanks Chris Collinswoth... I've only heard that 200 times.

canes21 06-01-2011 01:03 AM

Quote:

Yes and No. Basically, the best way to sum this up is to discuss how AWR effects human controlled players and which ones.

QB's with low AWR take longer to throw the ball after the receiver's icon button is pressed, ESPECIALLY if they are on the run. Having EXTENSIVE experience with Matt Moore (Panthers), I use him as my baseline QB.

I've recently had to play in a league with the Cardinals (yuck). I used John Skelton at QB because of his speed. I'm not sure what his AWR is, but it's very low. While playing, I noticed that he took FOREVER to actually deliver a pass once I pressed the button to throw. I was able to rule out lag as the culprit by feeling the response of other players at other positions over the course of six games... In each game all other skill positions were responsive, just not Skelton's throws.

As far as the other skill positions - that's all USER. I noticed no difference in the way WR, TE, or RB reacted to input. But the QB was definitely SLOW on his delivery.

Later

I want to see someone actually test this. The players you mentioned probably just have releases that are slow, except Tony Romo, who we all know has one of the quickest.

Maybe someone needs to bump Romo's awareness up to 99, throw 10-15 passes, watch them and/or record them. Then lower it to 40 and do the same.

My money says there will be no difference, but this would be an interesting find if true.