Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Quick Ravens vs Giants. (/forums/showthread.php?t=487951)

FlyEaglesFly3 06-08-2011 11:08 PM

Quick Ravens vs Giants E3 Gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5oE9SwwW04

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/C5oE9SwwW04" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ch46647 06-09-2011 08:43 AM

Re: Quick Ravens vs Giants.

This is actually a pretty good little video. The graphics really pop this year and the game looks so smooth. Why do the graphics looks light years better then last year? Is it mainly the new lighting and player models or something?

I just popped in Madden 11 and it looks nothing like this at all.

mf756193 06-09-2011 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ch46647 (Post 2042474153)
This is actually a pretty good little video. The graphics really pop this year and the game looks so smooth. Why do the graphics looks light years better then last year? Is it mainly the new lighting and player models or something?

I was wondering this as well. I also think that it's more than just the lighting. Player proportions and body types look great this year. Can't wait to get my hands on this game!

Johnny_Rep 06-09-2011 09:44 AM

At 1:42, this pass, if that isn't a fumble (and more of these should be fumbles) then surely there should be some sort of intentional grounding penalty. At the moment there is barely any disincentive to throw at the last second (not throw the ball away), I know I do it. Rules of intentional grounding (below) are that the ball does not get beyond the line of scrimmage (in this case) although he is out of the pocket.

Intentional Grounding of Forward Pass

1. Intentional grounding of a forward pass is a foul: loss of down and 10 yards from previous spot if passer is in the field of play or loss of down at the spot of the foul if it occurs more than 10 yards behind the line or safety if passer is in his own end zone when ball is released.
  2. Intentional grounding will be called when a passer, facing an imminent loss of yardage due to pressure from the defense, throws a forward pass without a realistic chance of completion.
  3. Intentional grounding will not be called when a passer, while out of the pocket and facing an imminent loss of yardage, throws a pass that lands at or beyond the line of scrimmage, even if no offensive player(s) have a realistic chance to catch the ball (including if the ball lands out of bounds over the sideline or end line).

NY Kid 06-09-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ch46647 (Post 2042474153)

Yeah the HDR Lighting in this game is sick.

Tyrant8RDFL 06-09-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NY Kid (Post 2042475819)
Yeah the HDR Lighting in this game is sick.

Imagine how great it's going to look on our HDTV's :). When we actaully see it for ourselves.

I really believe we will be blown away.