Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Operation Sports Content and Other News (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   OS E3 Coverage Wrap Up Roundtable (/forums/showthread.php?t=489073)

RaychelSnr 06-17-2011 03:09 AM

OS E3 Coverage Wrap Up Roundtable

Which Sports Game 'won' the show for you?

Christian McLeod: Madden 12 ran away with my sports game of the show honors based mainly on how big of a leap it is from last year's game. The art style and presentation of the game makes you feel like you are immersed in an NFL broadcast, and the gameplay just feels spot on. I said in my preview that this is going to be a huge year for Madden, and it's nice to finally see the series on the right track.

TD St. Matthew-Daniel:
Hands down FIFA 12. In the short time I got to spend with the game, it's clear this game can be this year's NBA 2K11. Any time you can vastly improve control in a sport where ball control is optimal, then there's real potential for greatness at the foundation of the game. EA Sports Football Club also sounds like a feature that could increase the longevity of this year's game much more.

Chase Becotte: I want to say MLB Bobblehead Pros to be edgy, but I will go with WWE '12 instead. I just kept sneaking back to this game at E3 to make more peasants tap out with Alberto Del Rio. Coming off a strong effort with WWE All-Stars and the fact that I was so unimpressed with Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 certainly clouds my judgment a bit, but this game still is making all the right moves this year. From the gameplay to the visuals to the steps taken to make the game look more like a TV broadcast, WWE '12 is finally accepting that it is a sports game and a wrestling game -- not a fighting game.

Read More - OS E3 Coverage Wrap Up Roundtable

SuperKyle 06-18-2011 01:43 AM

Hmmmmmmm, no mention of Forza 4. I don't know if that's due to its release being way off in the distance, or if there just wasn't enough time to get a solid impression. I'm hoping it's B.

I'm also interested to see how sports games work on the Vita, particularly with the new second stick. Perhaps players could use the back touch pad to shift gears up and down in racing games, or use the front pad to call hot routes in Madden.

Bumble14 06-18-2011 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperKyle (Post 2042501675)
Hmmmmmmm, no mention of Forza 4. I don't know if that's due to its release being way off in the distance, or if there just wasn't enough time to get a solid impression. I'm hoping it's B.

I'm also interested to see how sports games work on the Vita, particularly with the new second stick. Perhaps players could use the back touch pad to shift gears up and down in racing games, or use the front pad to call hot routes in Madden.

You are correct with option B. We really couldn't get any hands on time with Forza 4 due to lines lasting multiple hours to play. Game looks gorgeous, we just weren't able to play it.

KOV 06-19-2011 06:50 PM

I'm still wondering when they're going to do something about the iceskating in madden myself