Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   OS Neighborhood (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ODogg's Love Life Thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=489183)

ODogg 04-16-2011 12:45 AM

ODogg's Love Life Thread

Can any of you guys out there who have some experience in the proposal/engagement dept. give me some pointers on where to go to get my girlfriend an engagement ring? I went to Kaye's Jewelry tonight in the mall and it seemed pretty kosher and all but then got home and googled them when I got home tonight and all I see are reviews trashing them.

Any suggestions?

Gotmadskillzson 04-16-2011 12:53 AM

Re: Where is a good place to get an engagement ring at??

Albert's

Jarrett's

JC Penny

Walmart

Sears

All depends......Me personally I prefer the smaller local dealers.

Evan_OS 04-16-2011 12:57 AM

Spoiler

I'd recommend the places Gotmadskillzson suggested. Those places are about the only places you can go to get a ring in Nashville outside of local dealers.

The GIGGAS 04-16-2011 01:00 AM

You still in Richmond, ODogg? Or were you there in the first place?

Either way, if you're in Richmond, there's a place downtown called Bachrach's that I got my fiance's engagement ring at. As I already had a diamond (she wanted to use one of the diamonds in one of her mom's wedding rings), it was relatively cheap.

If not, you can pretty much disregard my advice. But I tried, dammit, and that's what's important.

Either way, congrats on taking the step, buddy! First, kicking the *** of cancer, and now dedicating yourself to your lady. A lot of life changes happenin' for you, man!

Taur3asi3 04-16-2011 01:04 AM

Tiffany's has nice rings.

kingkilla56 04-16-2011 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taur3asi3 (Post 2042310974)
Tiffany's has nice rings.

Yeah I would say Tiffany's. But then again, I have never shopped for an engagement ring. Congrats of having the girl you want to propose to. All the best to you man.

IndianBird 04-16-2011 07:40 AM

I have had no problem with Kay's. It's certainly not a discount store by any means. My now wife loves her ring and still gets compliments daily on it. Btw, don't cheap out. Get the lifetime protection package if you go with Kay's. It's like $120 and that gets you a couple free inspections every year as well as cleaning, which you'll need. Also, while you are still paying for the ring it has a warranty for replacement. Also, check out eBay bc people are always selling their Christmas bucks on there. I got like $900 worth for $120. Every little bit helps when you are buying an expensive piece of jewelry.

DickDalewood 04-16-2011 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndianBird (Post 2042311256)
I have had no problem with Kay's. It's certainly not a discount store by any means. My now wife loves her ring and still gets compliments daily on it. Btw, don't cheap out. Get the lifetime protection package if you go with Kay's. It's like $120 and that gets you a couple free inspections every year as well as cleaning, which you'll need. Also, while you are still paying for the ring it has a warranty for replacement. Also, check out eBay bc people are always selling their Christmas bucks on there. I got like $900 worth for $120. Every little bit helps when you are buying an expensive piece of jewelry.

This. Despite their terrible commercials, Kay is great. And like Indian said, ABSOLUTELY get the lifetime protection; you get it cleaned every six months, and if the diamond ever falls out, they replace it, no questions asked.