Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Ability to delete/add/replace teams in franchise mode (/forums/showthread.php?t=489523)

ThreeWRSet 06-20-2011 06:29 PM

Ability to delete/add/replace teams in franchise mode

ability to delete/add/replace teams in franchise mode

tatmanfish 06-20-2011 06:51 PM

Re: Ability to delete/add/replace teams in franchise mode

I just dont get these parts of the customization. I mean whats the point of changing a team to where its unreconizable? I buy an NFL game to play with NFL teams. If you dont care about that, why not buy a backbreaker/allpro football type game where it doesnt really matter what team is where, the name, or uni-colors?

The only thing you keep is real player names. Seems kind of pointless IMO. I know there are some people that will play with anything they can customize, but doesnt it lose authenticity and thus taking away from the realism?

H4wduk3n 06-20-2011 07:05 PM

I think there's some fun to adding a team when your town doesn't have one - and adding that team to the NFL itself... it would be cool to have a team builderlike editor where you can totally customize the unis and compete with a portland team in the nfc west or an LA team, etc...
I think the draw is that folks want to play against the REST of the NFL. I know some people want to replace the league entirely - for those folks I agree w/ you - play apf2k8.

ThreeWRSet 06-20-2011 07:21 PM

i just like once and in awhile a fantasy draft
with only 12 teams leaves teams with all superstars
fun to play for a bit understand though i like real teams as well
would suck without nflpa license

PantherBeast_OS 06-20-2011 07:40 PM

I really don't think they will ever give that option to delete a real football team from franchise mode. But it be nice if would allow us to be able to have team expansion in franchise mode to make if more fun. That would be a nice addon to franchise mode for future madden games.

dougdeuce 06-20-2011 07:43 PM

Commissioner mode... ?

mestevo 06-20-2011 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dougdeuce (Post 2042508455)
Commissioner mode... ?

Or just an expansion of owner mode... have owner meetings and vote on things like league expansion and contraction, put things like realignment, 18 game seasons and playoff reseeding on the table and able to be considered or even later changed back or further.

bucky60 06-20-2011 09:31 PM

Make the game as customizable as possible. If someone doesn't want to customize anything, then just don't do it.

Why say "lets have less" instead of "lets have more". I never play online, yet I never say, "can online or get rid of it". Even though I never play online, I say add all the franchise features that appear to be added in 2012 offline to online. Plus put in features that make it easier to run on line leagues, even though I could give a rats behind about online.

I just never understood the "no don't do just because I wouldn't use it" mentality. Just make all this stuff optional.