Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Pro Football 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Worth it.. (/forums/showthread.php?t=489556)

SportsGuy53 06-20-2011 10:46 PM

Worth it..

I have 2k8 for PS3 and love it tho its limited..
I also have 2k5, madden 06, madden 10, FB Pro98 and even Maximum FB..
Each of those games have things that are good and things that drive me crazy.. The ONLY game that Plays REAL on the Field is 2k8...
I have a chance to buy a 360 cheap and need to know..
Is it worth it? I mean I see there now is Finns editor but it has limits and I guess you still need the hex to edit the Generic players..
My FB Dream is to have a game that I can make old teams Ex"85 Bears 75Steelers or 07 Pats and others" that Plays REAL on the field..
again is it worth it for me to buy a 360?

Thanks...

bigbob 06-21-2011 12:05 AM

Re: Worth it..

Quote:

The ONLY game that Plays REAL on the Field is 2k8...
2k5 plays a hell of a lot better on the field then 2k8. But if you'd plan on doing the "85 Bears", "75 Steelers" etc then you'd be smart to get a 360 if you have an easy way transfer rosters and franchises since there are very few PS3s that you can find that are backwards compatible.

SportsGuy53 06-21-2011 12:33 AM

[quote=bigbob;2042509316]2k5 plays a hell of a lot better on the field then 2k8.
HUH? Have you watched how when a pass bounces off a player and floats in the air until a guy intercepts it? You dont see that in 2k8 OR in the NFL...
anyhow..
I want to make a FULL Team Rosters of Great Teams, not just 11 players.
I am NOT interested in online stuff.. I just want to make old time teams set the game to CPu vs CPU and watch..

bigbob 06-21-2011 01:30 AM

[quote=SportsGuy53;2042509358]
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbob (Post 2042509316)
2k5 plays a hell of a lot better on the field then 2k8.
HUH? Have you watched how when a pass bounces off a player and floats in the air until a guy intercepts it? You dont see that in 2k8 OR in the NFL...
anyhow..
I want to make a FULL Team Rosters of Great Teams, not just 11 players.
I am NOT interested in online stuff.. I just want to make old time teams set the game to CPu vs CPU and watch..

Tipped balls that float for a couple of seconds do happen in the NFL. Very rarely does a defensive back have time to get to the tipped ball on 2K5 if you're playing on a difficult level.

No where in my post did I say anything about online. It would be best for you to get a 360 because it's a lot easier to create your teams and transfer them to the hard drive.

SportsGuy53 06-21-2011 07:13 AM

Thanks,,,
But how hard is it to do that Hex stuff?
My thoughts are, to make every starter a Gold or Silver and the bench guys a bronze...

USCstreets 06-21-2011 08:27 PM

If you get yourself a good slider set 2k8 plays light years above any football game Ive ever played. 2k5 is good in a lot of the things we look for in Madden but 2k8 almost went beyond that.

The passing game requires execution of how the play is meant to be run, its about timing and reading defenses and having good awareness of everything else.

The only problem I find in the game is occassionally poor blocking choices especially when they are pulling sometimes they will just go for a guy farther down rather than getting the linebacker right around the corner.

Try and use Finn's editor for what you can, it works really well is much faster than hexing is but you can still go that route for things like names and CPU teams.

I might not get an xbox just for 2k8 but i think this si the game youre looking for.

SportsGuy53 06-21-2011 10:30 PM

Oh Yea its a Great Game! I have it for PS3 but again,, I have always dreamed of having Old time Great teams vs each other in a game that plays real, or close to it.. 2k8 is that Game..
Sure I can make players and edit the teams to look like real NFL teams.. but still its only 11 players. I want to have a FULL roster of Great Teams.. Sure 2k5 is nice, but I just cant sit and watch it, the floating balls and hurky jerky players drive me crazy... 2k8 I could watch all day...
I Dream of the day 2k gets the NFL rights again... That other game and its Pretty Grafics will be put out of Business..

badasp83 06-24-2011 02:52 PM

I'd say definitely worth it if you can afford to. 2K8 also runs on 60 FPS on 360 as opposed to 30 on Ps3. BTW I have a 76 Steelers roster you could download. If you want. There's a thread for it.