Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Crowd Meter (/forums/showthread.php?t=490176)

ctindal21 06-25-2011 08:34 AM

Crowd Meter

is there any chance that EA will bring back crowd meter??? i really miss that feature and think it should not only be in NCAA but all sports games, and why have a top 25 home field advantage with no crowd meter, just my opinion...:nocomprende:

d witty10 06-25-2011 09:28 AM

Re: Crowd Meter

i loved the crowd meter & the visiting teams controllers shaking! I wish they would bring it back.

plak89 06-25-2011 09:52 AM

Sort of off topic, but did anyone else notice how when you were playing a tough road game against a good team if your backup QB came in and wasn't very good, that the receiver icons would have question marks and their routes would shake? Thought it was kinda cool.

playguitar90 06-25-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plak89 (Post 2042523230)
Sort of off topic, but did anyone else notice how when you were playing a tough road game against a good team if your backup QB came in and wasn't very good, that the receiver icons would have question marks and their routes would shake? Thought it was kinda cool.

Yeah, and your throws become really less accurate, and you have to make short, easy ones to get down the field.

I liked that. When your QB was just a little rattled it wasn't that bad, but if my starter goes down in an away rivalry game and I bring in a backup (especially if the backup isn't a QB; i've had teams where a TE or Punter had great throwing but meh awareness) the game goes crazy.

ctindal21 06-25-2011 02:28 PM

i loved those features too but crowd meter would make them even that much better, i mean even the crowd was louder when they had crowd meter!!!

sparkdawg777 06-25-2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 2042523743)
i loved those features too but crowd meter would make them even that much better, i mean even the crowd was louder when they had crowd meter!!!

I agree, I think the crowd was louder with the meter too. It went along well with the composure ratings as well.

JerseySuave4 06-25-2011 03:43 PM

ive been asking for this feature to come back ever since they took it out. There really is no feeling of Home Field Advantage in the game now. The crowds can be loud but its a constant level there really isn't a "big 3rd down play on defense near the student section" where the crowd takes the volume to another level. The meter indicated how loud the crowd was and it adjusted to the size of the crowd and stadium.

Maybe they can bring it back without having to button mash presnap. It can depend on how many of the players are trying to pump up the crowd, the situation and size of the crowd. But with it should be the camera shake. The squiggly routes don't do enough to rattle the offense so you need that combined with the camera shaking so you can FEEL how loud the crowd is.

Combine those 2 things with the controller shaking and it will help the game feel like we see on Saturdays.

That is the feature i miss the most from the old games.

pigsooie3 06-25-2011 04:09 PM

I would love if they brought the crowd meter back. It just adds a level of difficulty for the road team when traveling to hostile environments. Things that were in the game that worked well in the game should stay in the game. I don't understand why take out things that relatively works well.