Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   does the running game seem a bit strong? (/forums/showthread.php?t=490511)

cowboysfan440 06-27-2011 09:57 PM

does the running game seem a bit strong?

maybe its just me cause i havent watched every vid but seems like most i see everyone is getting 10 yard runs on a consistant basis

cowboysfan440 06-27-2011 09:59 PM

Re: does the running game seem a bit strong?

i know some of the guys playin on the e3 vids arent the greatest so maybe its just them

pendo 06-27-2011 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowboysfan440 (Post 2042530003)
maybe its just me cause i havent watched every vid but seems like most i see everyone is getting 10 yard runs on a consistant basis

The RB ability is too high. When the game comes out, play on versuz custom sliders.

tatmanfish 06-27-2011 10:29 PM

Could be a combination of things. The user and the difficulty level being the biggest. Ive seen guys get owned against the run in some vids, so its likely a combination of it both....prolly mainly the users though.

second thing, how could someone already have sliders for 12? If they are just carried over from 11, why not play the game and then adjust if necessary?

kmart2180 06-27-2011 10:32 PM

I believe these are being played on lower levels also. But imo the outside runs seem too powerful.There is hardly ever andy kind of contain. And qb's running ability is also something that looks concering. They need to tune the speed of the qb's....They seem a bit too fast for my liking.

Also the big gap eaters dont seem to be making there presence felt. I want to see push up the middle.

Jarodd21 06-28-2011 01:34 AM

I expect the running game to be a little harder to stop this year because they took out the suction tackling.. User skills is going to have to be on point especially playing on All-pro with the terrible reaction your going to be getting from the AI..

pendo 06-28-2011 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tatmanfish (Post 2042530124)
Could be a combination of things. The user and the difficulty level being the biggest. Ive seen guys get owned against the run in some vids, so its likely a combination of it both....prolly mainly the users though.

second thing, how could someone already have sliders for 12? If they are just carried over from 11, why not play the game and then adjust if necessary?

I don't understand your point?

With every Madden 11 patch, you had to adjust the sliders, because the sliders are there to accommodate for the problems pre patch.

The slider sets will be completely different this time around, as the game is different.

I repeat, RB ability is way too high. The backs do not lose speed when cutting and such.

bkrich83 06-28-2011 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowboysfan440 (Post 2042530003)

I've only watched a few videos and I noticed this as well. But I don't know what level they were playing on, or how they were calling plays. I will say this, all the video's I have seen featured some of the worst Madden players I have ever seen.