Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Grass Textures Missing? (/forums/showthread.php?t=490663)

The Deuce 06-28-2011 09:53 PM

Grass Textures Missing?

Is anyone else noticing the blurry field lines and logos in the demo?

I think it is because it is an early-build. In the replays it looks INCREDIBLE. But during play it looks like its missing an entire layer.

topzzz 06-28-2011 10:15 PM

Re: Grass Textures Missing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Deuce (Post 2042533646)
Is anyone else noticing the blurry field lines and logos in the demo?

I think it is because it is an early-build. In the replays it looks INCREDIBLE. But during play it looks like its missing an entire layer.

Yeah bro, I noticed this too. It's very confusing when EA Sports does things like this. I can only hope, (like you) that the grass will not look like this in the actual game. I know it's not that big of a deal, but it's kind of disappointing when everything about this game looks amazing... everything but the actual gameplay itself.

Literally, everything looks great. But when you start playing the real game, everything looks (grass, crowd, player models) etc... look like poop.

But close up, everything looks AWESOME

dan_457 06-28-2011 10:21 PM

I've noticed it ever since the first video, and was hoping to just chalk it up to perhaps poor video quality. But in fact it appears that all of the field textures are either very low resolution(possibly to free up resources?) or were for intentionally blurred, maybe to blend with the grass better when it's visible.

CornfedChris 06-28-2011 10:24 PM

Guys it's the demo. They have to compress the game along with all the new visual upgrades into a "smaller" file, of course things are gonna look a little different. I wouldn't be too worried visually about the full release.... visually. :)

The Deuce 06-28-2011 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CornfedChris (Post 2042533768)
Guys it's the demo. They have to compress the game along with all the new visual upgrades into a "smaller" file, of course things are gonna look a little different. I wouldn't be too worried visually about the full release.... visually. :)

Lol compress? Dude it is 2 GB. Its not very compressed at all for being 2 games.

dan_457 06-28-2011 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CornfedChris (Post 2042533768)

I had considered that, but it's been like that in every available screenshot, and video. Not to mention that the full game is only about 3 times larger than the demo and only contains two match ups, I don't think a whole lot has been compressed. Not to mention that it hasn't ever looked like that in any previous demo's.

CornfedChris 06-28-2011 10:46 PM

I realize that it's a large file for a demo. Hense the quotes on "smaller". But obviously it's a demo and things were removed from it to make it more easily accessible via d/l.

Crowd noises, Commentary, and many other noticeable visual aspects of the game have been scaled down if not removed from the game. I wouldn't be too worried about a few blurry lines.

Soarindude02 06-28-2011 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CornfedChris (Post 2042533850)
I realize that it'Is a large file for a demo. Hense the quotes on "smaller". But obviously it's a demo and things were removed from it to make it more easily accessible via d/l.

Crowd noises, Commentary, and many other noticeable visual aspects of the game have been scaled down if not removed from the game. I wouldn't be too worried about a few blurry lines.

I hope so. :P