Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   When does the cpu get "a boost"...? (/forums/showthread.php?t=490813)

mjhyankees 06-29-2011 04:41 PM

When does the cpu get "a boost"...?

I'm aware that in rivalry games the cpu gets a boost. I thought I heard, read, experienced that the home team does. In my 32 team chise where I play every game one week i'm the home team and the other week the away team. I always have a better record as the home team. Is there a boost there or just coincidence?
Are there other times the cpu gets a boost? Playoffs? Superbowl? Do player roles boost overall team performance (or will they?)?

I've always wondered about this...anyone?

RGiles36 06-29-2011 04:45 PM

Re: When does the cpu get "a boost"...?

Sometimes, I think you analyze this game a bit too much :)...

jmurphy31 06-29-2011 07:08 PM

I think they do but I think it is completely random. There are some games where you fumble alot, drop open passes, the cpu qb goes 21-22, etc.

LaW97 06-29-2011 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmurphy31 (Post 2042536835)
I think they do but I think it is completely random. There are some games where you fumble alot, drop open passes, the cpu qb goes 21-22, etc.

i noticed that also.
like a randomness to it.
But folks complain about it when it does happen at random then htye complain that it doesnt happen at random.
When i have a game where my RB who never fumbles,starts to fumble its okay with me because i know in real life players have off days. So i figure thats EA's way of making sure you have some off days. Same when i line up a kick perfectly but for some reason the field goal is missed.

jmurphy31 06-30-2011 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaW97 (Post 2042537338)
i noticed that also.
like a randomness to it.
But folks complain about it when it does happen at random then htye complain that it doesnt happen at random.
When i have a game where my RB who never fumbles,starts to fumble its okay with me because i know in real life players have off days. So i figure thats EA's way of making sure you have some off days. Same when i line up a kick perfectly but for some reason the field goal is missed.

I don't mind it at all. When it starts to happen I just know I am in for a tough game and I have to play a little better

mjhyankees 06-30-2011 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rgiles36 (Post 2042536401)
Sometimes, I think you analyze this game a bit too much :)...

I'm anal...what can I tell you....:nocomprende:

dougdeuce 06-30-2011 11:18 AM

DPP should fix this. Now only certain players will tear you apart instead of their entire team being "boosted" to give you a tougher game.