Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Pro Football 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Marino's Throwing Motion (/forums/showthread.php?t=491006)

Joe Strange 06-30-2011 05:07 PM

Marino's Throwing Motion

I want to give my created QB Marino's throwing motion.

Is this possible?
Does anyone know the code for it off hand?
Any suggestions how to go about it?

Any advice would kick ***!

Joe Strange 06-30-2011 06:31 PM

Re: Marino's Throwing Motion

Nevermind, found it. It's '34'. For anyone interested, you enter 34 in the slot 8 spaces to the left from the jersey number in the hex editor.

It's more of a 3/4 throwing motion, and it looks 10x better than the default throwing motion. God I ****ing love this game.

Joe Strange 07-01-2011 08:14 PM

Ok, so I don't know if this has been posted already, or if anyone even cares, but I thought I'd share what I found. There are 7 throwing motions in the game, and you have to use hex to edit them. The slot is 8 spaces to the left from the jersey number:

Marino (34) = it's a 3/4 quick throwing motion

Bernie Kosar (30) = very similar to Marino, maybe a little more over the top

Johnny Unitas, Sammy Baugh, John Brodie (20) = old school over the top exaggerrated

Elway (94) = all hell breaks loose

Montana (C0) = over the top, fairly slow but pretty

Aikman (40) = hard to tell what it is, but I think it's inbetween 3/4 and over the top

Standard (00) = the throwing motion every other qb has, very ugly

One more thing, the first QB I wanted to look up after I figured out how to do it and found Marino was Steve Young. Apparentely he has the standard, but I swear it's his own. Maybe it's because he's lefty, or maybe I'm just seeing things :google:

BestServedCold 07-02-2011 12:45 AM

Very nice.

I'm guessing many users will like to know those.

bdolan33 07-11-2011 05:07 PM

how can this be applied in the editor?

atomant94 07-16-2011 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdolan33 (Post 2042581820)
how can this be applied in the editor?

I don't think it can

badasp83 07-24-2011 08:05 PM

Did some tinkering with this today. Didn't know where any other legends were. So I took some educated guesses from the player motions listed here. With some trial and error I found a pretty good replication of Terry Bradshaw's throwing motion. Here are some of my findings. Mind you these are far from comprehensive. Think they might be helpful though. These are numbers that I put in the spot listed above for throwing motion and some results that I saw (played few drives with QB throwing every down).
10: Play Action pump was shorter between 3/4 & over the top. Closer to over the top for long throws. Short outs and short middles were closer to 3/4 side arm.
48: Similar to Aikman, more over the top though. PA pumps were kind of short and kind of 3/4 side arm. Short outs were more 3/4 side arm.
50: Almost same as 48, but motion seemed a tad smoother for lack of better term. Play fakes and shorter passes were side armed.
60: Closer to old school way over the top, but not as exaggerated. Still feels kind of jerky, though.
64: Kind of odd. Almost old school motion. Maybe not as exaggerated.
70: PA pumps were this weird 3/4 side arm. Same for short outs and long throws.
80: Over the top, but not jerky like old school motion. Kind of 1970s mostly over the top motion. PA pumps were same. Short outs were closer to Aikman style. Short middles were kind of cross between Aikman and aforementioned over the top motion. Ended up using this motion for Bradshaw. Will make new edit available for download sometime later.
90: PA pumps were side arm. Short outs are side arm. Long passes are kind of cross between 3/4 side and over the top.
If anyone has a list of legend QBs not already listed. If you could please post their throwing motion number. It would be greatly appreciated. Also I recall someone mentioning that they'd seen Terry Bradshaw listed somewhere (hidden) on default roster. Don't know if it was just his name or an actual player. Could someone please check to see if he has any ratings and/or throwing motion listed. That would be awesome.

atomant94 07-26-2011 06:17 PM

Anybody Got A Good Throwing Motion For Mike Vick And Donovan McNabb?