Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Re-rating players for an authentic feel to NCAA 12 (/forums/showthread.php?t=491709)

cparrish 07-05-2011 03:30 PM

Re-rating players for an authentic feel to NCAA 12

Re-rating players for an authentic feel to NCAA 12 (Xbox 360)

Every year I find myself tweaking the ratings of the better players in the game to give it a more realistic feel while playing the game, and this year will be no different. I thought I would post my tweekings on here and see what people thought of them.

• I won't post the Overall Ratings of players because I don't play the game by the overall ratings. I play the game by using players who best fit how I play, how a play is run, and to their specific strengths. All overall ratings do is dilute the game to where every player feels and moves the same way, just to have player X as the top rated RB/QB/WR/etc in the game.
  • The main thing I try to do is make the players play like their real life counterparts. I want my power RBs to run like power RBs. My ball hawking safeties to play like ball hawking safeties. Basically, make the game play like a real game with proper play calling, game planning, and getting the right players in the right situations to make or break the game.
  • I will start with running backs first by looking at what EA gave the players, and then showing how I would actually rate them. I am not bashing EA at all, I think they do an outstanding job considering HB #5 for Colorado is not Rodney "Speedy" Stewart. I will do a wide arrange of players from each position, both offense and defense.
  • My ratings are not for everyone. Some people like the wide open arcade style of play, and will not enjoy playing with my ratings. Please do not complain about how I rated "your" favorite player, these after all are my own opinion of how they play. I am open to great football discussion of how I rated a player though, because I only see so much of certain players, and any videos you can provide are always helpful.
Here are the players I have posted ratings for so far.

Running Backs
  • Rodney "Speedy" Stewart
  • Marcus Lattimore
  • Trent Richardson
  • LaMichael James
  • Knie Davis
  • Montel Harris
  • Robbie Rouse
  • Ed Wesley
  • Christine Michael
  • Jerrell Rhodes
  • Dan "Boom" Herron
  • Silas Redd
Wide Receivers
  • Justin Blackmon
  • Alshon Jeffery
  • Ryan Broyles
  • Michael Floyd
Quarterbacks
  • Andrew Luck
  • Kellen Moore
  • Chase Keenum
  • Denard Robinson
  • Taylor Martinez
  • Dayne Crist
  • Matt Barkley
  • Darron Thomas
  • Brandon Weeden
  • Nick Foles
  • Bryant Moniz

cparrish 07-05-2011 03:38 PM

Re: Re-rating players for an authentic feel to NCAA 12

Rodney "Speedy" Stewart
Colorado Buffaloes
5'6 175lbs

-Rodney "Speedy" Stewart really is shown some love this year by EA, and he should. Last year for the 5-7 Buffs, he ran for 1,319 yards and 10 touchdowns.

-2010 Highlights

- As you can see from watching Speedy in motion, he is blessed with exceptional quickness and change of direction. He reaches top speed in a matter of steps, but his top speed levels out quickly and will get caught from behind due to being only 5'6". To me, 92 is too high of speed, and he is betting suited around 88 with elite agility and acceleration.
- He is not a power back, but he will lower his head and run into defenders and not always look for ways to "run around" the defender.
-Speedy made huge strides in reading the correct holes his Junior year and it showed on the field. His first two years he kind of just did his own thing, but the coaching staff really worked with him on reading the correct running lanes and being more patient behind his blockers.

Speed:.................92....86
Agility:.................93....93
Acceleration:........92.....94
Strength:.............69....60
Breaking Tackle:....83....76
Trucking:.............84.....84
Elussiveness:........91....94
B C Vision:...........92.....94
Stiff Arm:............74.....67
Spin:..................89.....89
Juke:..................90.....94

pmurray20 07-05-2011 03:58 PM

dont just do RB's lol do all great players and good players, all americans lol. because i do the same thing but not in so much detail like u i just tweek certain people . It would be bettter though if i do all the guys like you are planning on doing. U are doing everyone right?

cparrish 07-05-2011 04:21 PM

Marcus Lattimore
South Carolina Gamecocks
6'0 231lbs

-Marcus Lattimore burst onto the National scene last year with a 37 carry 182 yard performance against Georgia in the second game of the year. To many, this was not a surprise. After all he was a five star recruit and most Gamecock fans expected big things from the talented frosh and he didn't dissapoint on his way to 1,197 yards and 17 touchdowns.

-2010 Highlights

- For a big powerful kid, Lattimore has pretty solid straight line speed and can really get up and going when he has space. What he does not have is great stop and go speed and the ability to put his foot in the grass and explode to top speed like many of the small backs (Speedy, Devine, Quizz, etc).
- He is a power back who looks for contact and runs through it. There is no wiggle in his game and there shouldn't be. When you are blessed with the size and strength that he is, you do what you do well, and that is run through people.
-Lattimore should have another huge season in 2011 thanks in part to having one of the top WRs in the country on the outside to keep defenses from "stacking the box" to stop him.

Speed:.................96....92
Agility:.................92....79
Acceleration:........88.....86
Strength:.............72....66
Breaking Tackle:....90....90
Trucking:.............93.....93
Elussiveness:........80....67
B C Vision:...........84.....88
Stiff Arm:............80.....86
Spin:..................82.....71
Juke:..................89.....79

Playmakers 07-05-2011 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cparrish (Post 2042555232)
Rodney "Speedy" Stewart
Colorado Buffaloes
5'6 175lbs

-Rodney "Speedy" Stewart really is shown some love this year by EA, and he should. Last year for the 5-7 Buffs, he ran for 1,319 yards and 10 touchdowns.

-2010 Highlights

- As you can see from watching Speedy in motion, he is blessed with exceptional quickness and change of direction. He reaches top speed in a matter of steps, but his top speed levels out quickly and will get caught from behind due to being only 5'6". To me, 92 is too high of speed, and he is betting suited around 88 with elite agility and acceleration.
- He is not a power back, but he will lower his head and run into defenders and not always look for ways to "run around" the defender.
-Speedy made huge strides in reading the correct holes his Junior year and it showed on the field. His first two years he kind of just did his own thing, but the coaching staff really worked with him on reading the correct running lanes and being more patient behind his blockers.

Speed:.................92....88
Agility:.................93....96
Acceleration:........92.....96
Strength:.............69....69
Breaking Tackle:....83....78
Trucking:.............84.....84
Elussiveness:........91....94
B C Vision:...........92.....94
Stiff Arm:............74.....67
Spin:..................89.....89
Juke:..................90.....94

Chances are he's not that strong and his agility is probably no that great...

EA tends to really go over board with agility and if i showed you agility ratings of some of the top small backs in the NFL you'll see why i said EA tends to overate that stuff to boost up ratings overall for certain players

That 69 strength is actually closer to what many NFL TE's might actually grade out

For example

Darren Sproles true ratings would 60 strength and 82 agility based on his combine #'s

LaRod Stephens-Howling 59 strength and 83 agility

Dexter McCluster 46 strength and 88 agility

I think too many people see the #80 next to agility or speed and they freak out thinking it is too low....but that 90+ speed and agility is really unrealistic for a lot of guys IMO

If someone had saw McCluster with a 88 agility in NCAA 10 they would have gone crazy but if you stick to true numbers like combine workout #'s you'll be shocked at how many guys aren't truly a 90+ agility or speed

This thread is a great idea but i'd probably piss off a lot of people if i were releasing community rosters that 90+ rating would be very scarce....LOL!

cparrish 07-05-2011 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playmakers (Post 2042555405)
Chances are he's not that strong and his agility is probably no that great...

EA tends to really go over board with agility and if i showed you agility ratings of some of the top small backs in the NFL you'll see why i said EA tends to overate that stuff to boost up ratings overall for certain players

That 69 strength is actually closer to what many NFL TE's might actually grade out

For example

Darren Sproles true ratings would 60 strength and 82 agility based on his combine #'s

LaRod Stephens-Howling 59 strength and 83 agility

Dexter McCluster 46 strength and 88 agility

I think too many people see the #80 next to agility or speed and they freak out thinking it is too low....but that 90+ speed and agility is really unrealistic for a lot of guys IMO

If someone had saw McCluster with a 88 agility in NCAA 10 they would have gone crazy but if you stick to true numbers like combine workout #'s you'll be shocked at how many guys aren't truly a 90+ agility or speed

His strength numbers are actually off the charts for a guy his size, and I honestly thought really hard about lowering his strength rating to something around 60, and I am not sure why I didn't initially. I just checked my NCAA 2011 rosters and I had him as a 60 on there. Thanks for the heads up!

Palo20 07-05-2011 04:39 PM

I like it, keep 'em coming

Playmakers 07-05-2011 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cparrish (Post 2042555428)
His strength numbers are actually off the charts for a guy his size, and I honestly thought really hard about lowering his strength rating to something around 60. As for agility and acceleration, he is top notch in both, but not in speed.

use this link you can get combine results for bench press and cone drill to kinda compaire where your players matchup to others

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2010&genpos=WR

You'll see McCluster true 40 time was 4.53 but in NCAA EA really jacked up his speed