Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Whats the best recruit you have landed? (/forums/showthread.php?t=492256)

CornfedChris 07-08-2011 04:56 PM

Whats the best recruit you have landed?

What is the best recruit you have landed? I want to hear what everyone else has done recruiting-wise in this gen's game.

I used to be able to land 80-85 overall dual-threat QB's in the old gen but not anymore. I remember when I was UMass back in the day I signed a dual threat QB with like 85 Speed and 84 Pass Accuracy. Ended up winning me Back to Back national titles.

My buddy always talks about his favorite QB ever named Dan Bobo who he was un-beatable with haha.

I'm necessarily saying it has to be the overall freshman rating, but maybe some of you have developed some really good talent. There has to be some good stories.

vaeath 07-08-2011 05:03 PM

Re: Whats the best recruit you have landed?

I landed a 5 star DE that was like 6'1 210 and he had 89 Speed and Acelleration.

Atheletic beast but couldn't do that much with him.

But in my OD he could quarterback spy all of the people that had quarterbacks that could run.

blkrptnt819 07-08-2011 08:44 PM

One that stands out, not the best was a 3-4 OLB that I would have dominated with if we had the ability to have Will/Sam linebackers.

My best was probably on NCAA 11 was a 4* Juco (So) DE. He won 3 Bednarik Awards.

My best since I've been playing NCAA is Brad Wade. 98spd 99acc on my 2009 dynasty with FSU. I got him out of OH. My boy was OSU. I think 4 of the 5 users were recruitng him. If we could port dynasties that would be the one. He came in as a 78 and he lit the country up. He's BY FAR my best recruit.

ACardAttack 07-08-2011 09:04 PM

It was a DE by the name of Mike Haggar; I think he was the number 2 rated DE prospect in his class, I landed him, he was about a 79 to start, but had beast acceleration and speed, and by the time of his junior and senior season he was unstoppable and could get me a couple sacks a game

Also, I did create him, but no guarantee I would land him and he wasnt rated perfect form the get go, rated just like the other top DE's

Same thing with Freddie Mercury, created him, one of the top RB's in his class...I created him to be like barry sanders...he had speed like no other...not very big, but elusive.

I cant really remember the names of generic recruits...

plak89 07-08-2011 09:20 PM

Would probably have to be in my Eastern Michigan dynasty. Recruited an athlete that I saw had pretty good THP named Mike Jackson. Brought him in and he became an immediate starter at QB (was something like 67 OVR with high 70's SPD, ACC, AGI). I had been using a spread option the year before so he fit in perfectly. Started for 3 years and led me to 3 MAC titles. Helped that I had gotten 2 transfers. One a RB from Mich. St. named David Spears and the other a WR named James Jackson from Ohio St. who nearly won the heisman for me one year. Ultimately got invited into the Big Ten before I quit. Was a really fun dynasty.

DeceptiveBlaze 07-08-2011 09:26 PM

My best recruit was a 6'4 240 pound speed back named Daniel Smith i landed at ohio state redshirted him and he starts out at an 85 after training. Like a waaaay faster eddie george

jdo2928 07-08-2011 09:30 PM

Mine was the first player to commit to me in NCAA 11 (All I had to do was offer a scholarship).

He was a 5 star WR (#1 player in the class overall). I cant remember his rating as a freshman, but he ended up being a 99 by his JUNIOR year.

He was 6'6" about 215lbs. He was amazingly fast for his size (around 97-99 speed and acceleration). He sort of reminded me of a Calvin Johnson or a faster + taller Brandon Marshall. I gave him #17 (because he's a beast).:cool:

Scott 07-08-2011 09:43 PM

I remember a QB in my UTEP Dynasty named Will Blankenship, he had a + Arm & + Accuracy to go along with 80+ speed. He was definitely a great QB to have after Jordan Palmer graduated.