Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Game Informer NCAA 12 Review (/forums/showthread.php?t=492538)

thor-17 07-10-2011 11:04 AM

Game Informer NCAA 12 Review

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/nc...-its-game.aspx

Found this last night. Don't know if anyone else has posted this.

Redskinsfan26 07-10-2011 12:00 PM

Good to see it got a high rating

JMUfootball 07-10-2011 12:19 PM

Re: Game Informer NCAA 12 Review

From the review:
Quote:

When things are going this good, it seems insane to ask for an overhaul of some core features like recruiting
To me, that logic is so backwards. When things are going well is exactly WHEN you'd expect for core features to be improved upon. There should be more free time for the '12 developers since '11 got a lot of things right. Why do reviewers and fans seem to think this is a free pass for lack of progress?

Recruiting was fun in '11 and fairly well done....we should therefore expect it to be even better in '12. And from early accounts not much at all has changed.

Sabredj 07-10-2011 12:32 PM

And to think this got a 9 WITHOUT the release day patch. What would the score been then?

nanosports 07-10-2011 01:12 PM

After reading the review, I'm surprised they gave it a 9. Seems more like an 8 or 7 score review.

Ten_titans 07-10-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabredj (Post 2042576147)
And to think this got a 9 WITHOUT the release day patch. What would the score been then?

9.1. release day patches are usually unnoticable. I'm guessing the editing would bump it to a 9.1, lol

Playmakers 07-10-2011 03:04 PM

I agree with him the game does have a few things that NCAA 11 didn't offer but in terms of gameplay only i expect it to be very much the same.

I really enjoyed NCAA 11 so i know i'll enjoy 12....but even as a huge fan of the series being unbias i understand his comments about even with the upgrades the game still feels the same

Players still do the same things they've always done mainly because the animations haven't exactly been deeper. Things like bad snaps that result in a fumble or maybe a LB tapping a DT on the rear end to slide over you don't see those types of animations which kinda captures the little things in Football

IMO i can have just as much fun in NCAA 11 as i can with NCAA 12 but again i loved NCAA 11 and 12 will no doubt be the same....

But i would like to see this series do some of the things i see in MLB The Show or NBA 2K11 in just being able to capture or reprsent the sport better on the field in player movement or mannerism between plays or stoppage of play

Grass and dreads really don't get me that excited especially since i pay very little attention to either when it comes to gameplay

I applaud their efforts because they took NCAA 11 and tweaked it some more...that's much better than what i can say about my defunct NBA Live Series that EA ruined almost over night

thor-17 07-10-2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nanosports (Post 2042576280)
After reading the review, I'm surprised they gave it a 9. Seems more like an 8 or 7 score review.

Those were my thoughts exactly. I'm still on the fence about it, and this, although a great score, didn't exactly push me over the edge. I did enjoy 11. I even bought the 120 teambuilder slots, downloaded 120 DII teams to have my dynasty, and THEN found out that you can only import 12 teams into a dynasty.