Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Feeling the Intensity of Playing on the Road (/forums/showthread.php?t=493167)

PacMan3000 07-12-2011 04:14 PM

Feeling the Intensity of Playing on the Road

I don't play much NCAA, but one thing I have always liked about that series was the feeling you get when you're playing in an opponent's stadium. The crowd truly feels hostile.

They get loud. Your controller starts to shake. Your play art gets squiggly and hard to see. I think it's very immersive and does a good job of making you feel unwelcome.

I don't get that at all in Madden, and am wondering why they can't implement something similar?

Thoughts?

azdawgpound 07-12-2011 04:19 PM

Re: Feeling the Intensity of Playing on the Road

i remember the ps2 madden had something like thid because the screen would start shaking and your controller would vibrate, guess something nex gen madden dont have that ps2 madden does.

stp2081 07-12-2011 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacMan3000 (Post 2042587613)
I don't play much NCAA, but one thing I have always liked about that series was the feeling you get when you're playing in an opponent's stadium. The crowd truly feels hostile.

They get loud. Your controller starts to shake. Your play art gets squiggly and hard to see. I think it's very immersive and does a good job of making you feel unwelcome.

I don't get that at all in Madden, and am wondering why they can't implement something similar?

Thoughts?

Exact same thoughts here. I don't play NCAA much, but LOVE that aspect of it. Brilliant concept that doesn't seem so hard (relatively speaking to other more complex features) to implement, but the development of Madden suggests otherwise.

Marsh43 07-13-2011 05:26 PM

that would definitely make it better

The Amaizen Blue 07-13-2011 05:58 PM

I'd be all for it as long as they don't add the dumb repetitive "Defense!" chant. I don't mind if it's played occasionally, but when down by 28 with 2 minutes left in the game, I doubt the whole crowd will be that ecstatic.

Argooos 07-13-2011 06:19 PM

If done right this would be really great.

I've added it to my list in the wishlist forum.

robbins 07-15-2011 12:06 PM

I have been asking for this for years so I doubt it's ever going to happen. Madden's downfall is definitely game "Atmosphere" and to me, it's one of the most important parts of the game.

I don't want to be able to hear a pin drop when I am on offense driving for a game winning TD on my rival's field. I should be hearing (and feeling) a rabid crowd and NCAA captures that perfectly. It's why I like NCAA so much better.

RGiles36 07-15-2011 12:12 PM

Preaching to the choir...

Still think Madden leaves this to NCAA as a way of "differentiating" the experiences. It's one of the thing they should borrow in my opinion.