Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden NFL 12 Video and Playbook Screenshots - NFC North (/forums/showthread.php?t=493319)

Steve_OS 07-12-2011 09:28 PM

Madden NFL 12 Video and Playbook Screenshots - NFC North

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Chicago Bears

Nickel Normal Sugar 2 Buzz

The Chicago Bears defensively have been known as the team that likes to play cover 2 on passing situations. While that notion still holds true, the Bears will mix in quite a few different schemes from a Double A Gap blitz look. Double A Gap schemes in which two linebackers align in both A gaps are a favorite of the Bears. Nickel Normal Sugar 2 Buzz is one of the plays that brings this idea to life.

Green Bay Packers

Gun Flex Trey-Packer Corner

When you watch QB Aaron Rodgers and the Packers offense the word that comes to mind is "Wow!" Rodgers, and his stellar post-season play, led the Packers on a remarkable run through the playoffs and a Super Bowl title. Despite numerous injuries to several key starters, the Packers' offense never missed a beat in steamrolling through the postseason. With so many weapons on offense it's hard to try and keep everyone involved and happy, but WR Greg Jennings is the one that every team focuses on. On this play, taken directly from the Super Bowl, use the "Packer" package from the Gun Flex Trey set to line up Jennings in the slot where he will run a corner route. The two other receivers lined up to the right will run under routes drawing the coverage and opening up Jennings for a big play.

Minnesota Vikings

Singleback Y-Trips-Vikings Y-Seam

The Vikings came into the season with huge expectations, but a rash of injuries, poor play and a murderous schedule saw them struggle to a 6-10 record. With QB Brett Favre out of the picture, the Vikings will turn to rookie first round draft pick Christian Ponder to lead them back to the playoffs. An old cliché for young QB's is that the TE is their best friend as a safety valve. In this case, TE Visanthe Shiancoe will be the featured target for Ponder on this play as he will be running right down the seam in hopes of splitting the safeties for a big play.

Detroit Lions

5-2 Normal Cover 3

The Detroit Lions over the last few seasons have accumulated a wealth of talent on the defensive line. A play that can be used to take advantage of that talent is 5-2 Normal Cover 3. The play can be used against both the run and pass as the cover 3 concept gives good coverage while also bringing a safety down to the box pre-snap.

P21J 07-12-2011 09:56 PM

Re: Madden NFL 12 Video and Playbook Screenshots - Bears, Packers, Lions and Vikings

Man, at certain points in this video, the footage looked like it was taken straight from a TV broadcast.

jpdavis82 07-12-2011 10:27 PM

Re: Madden NFL 12 Video and Playbook Screenshots - Bears, Packers, Lions and Vikings

Yeah looked pretty good, too bad my computer sucks so bad and can't handle anything over 360p it seems. Also we have confirmation that team stadium songs are still in, as we hear Skol Vikings in the background on that TD.

vstro 07-12-2011 10:47 PM

These broadcast view videos are fun and all, but I want to see actual game play from the view I'll be playing the game at. I don't want to see another highlight reel EA has put together trying to showcase certain things.

schnaidt1 07-12-2011 10:52 PM

wow...the clip of the vikes vs bears in metrodome...i did a double take...i thought they were comparing the play at soldier field to this real life play....then i realized it was the game!!! wow....

NY Kid 07-12-2011 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schnaidt1 (Post 2042589952)
wow...the clip of the vikes vs bears in metrodome...i did a double take...i thought they were comparing the play at soldier field to this real life play....then i realized it was the game!!! wow....

The Vikes and Lions stadium cams are sick!

celg35 07-12-2011 11:34 PM

You can really tell the difference in broadcast cameras from different stadiums. Very nice addition this year.

CFTejada 07-12-2011 11:42 PM

Figure Skating or Football :y220a:

J/K

Game looks brilliant