Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Too Many A Rated Coaches? (/forums/showthread.php?t=493450)

DerkontheOS 07-13-2011 02:57 AM

Too Many A Rated Coaches?

I've simmed to year 3 and almost half of the head coaches have an A rating. When in reality only a handful should be in this upper echelon.

Opinions?

canes21 07-13-2011 03:00 AM

Re: Too Many A Rated Coaches?

I feared this would be an issue. I doubt EA can really do anything now that will prevent it from happening, but I think they should be able to reduce the affect coaches have on progression, or at least top coaches. If half the HC's are all A's, then we're going to be seeing teams progressing like crazy which will probably lead to a lot of A rated teams again.

Just speculation....

sparkdawg777 07-13-2011 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerkontheOS (Post 2042591122)
I've simmed to year 3 and almost half of the head coaches have an A rating. When in reality only a handful should be in this upper echelon.

Opinions?

Wow, haven't simmed that far yet but hate to say it but I told you so. Not you OP, I remember when CC was first announced with these coach prestiges instead of ratings and there were a lot of people who argued with me that this would still work. This is not going to work the way we want it to.

UniversityofArizona 07-13-2011 03:46 AM

Do coordinators take a prestige hit when they get promoted to head coaches? Seems like that might be a good gameplay mechanic? Maybe a small drop in prestige whenever they go to a new team because it is a fresh start sort of thing with a new athletic director? I have no idea if that is in the game, but it seems like something like that would help.

DerkontheOS 07-13-2011 12:09 PM

I think this is caused because all of the A rated coordinators become head coaches.

sparkdawg777 07-13-2011 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerkontheOS (Post 2042592471)
I think this is caused because all of the A rated coordinators become head coaches.

Yeh and there is not a drop off when moving to a HC which I kept arguing is ridiculous.

DerkontheOS 07-13-2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparkdawg777 (Post 2042592923)
Yeh and there is not a drop off when moving to a HC which I kept arguing is ridiculous.

It is ridiculous when every coach in the MAC is an A prestige. This needs to get patched soon, because it will also help progression.

sparkdawg777 07-13-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerkontheOS (Post 2042592956)
It is ridiculous when every coach in the MAC is an A prestige. This needs to get patched soon, because it will also help progression.

I'm worried at this pace, after 10 years we will have almost all HC's with A prestige.