Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   South Carolina (/forums/showthread.php?t=493754)

sirjam 07-13-2011 08:06 PM

South Carolina

Very fun team to play with. D is great. An Garcia, Lattimore an Jeffrey are beasts!

slingstone 07-13-2011 08:36 PM

Re: South Carolina

Amen! It's nice that we're getting respect this year, too...starting out at #13 and all...

I'm currently in a dynasty with my roommate. I've started out as a defensive coordinator with the team, while my roomie is the OC at our rival, Clemson. I was dubious about playing purely on the defensive side of the ball, largely because I wouldn't be putting Lattimore, Jeffries, and Garcia through their paces. It's been interesting. The offense has been disappointing...much like the real thing. Considering the talent we always have at skill positions on that side of the ball, I'm always amazed at how much we have to rely on defense. I wonder when Spurrier forgot how to recruit for the o-line...

It's my D that has won the day so far, scoring a safety on our first play from scrimmage, racking up six interceptions, multiple FF's, and something like fifteen sacks in two games. Admittedly, the first game was ECU, so the offense DID run it up in that game, but I was really happy with our performance against Georgia. We held them to ten points, getting seven sacks, an INT, and two FF's to keep us in the game so that the O could finally win put some points on the board and get us by, 13-10.

It felt like a real Carolina game...amazement at the D's tenacity and much forehead slapping as the O managed to beat themselves with turnover after turnover.

BTW, I LOVE all the nickel formations, esp. the 1-5-5. It's so much fun to rain that much destruction on my opponents with just one down lineman...:woot:

Also, I'm looking forward to putting a boot up Auburn's backside in the Brice this year...no supernaturally large, strong QB for them to fall back on this year! (Not that I had that problem last year in NCAA 11 last year, but we all know how it played out in the real world, both at Auburn and in the SEC Championship, so even video game revenge will be sweet!)

Anyways, GO COCKS!

Bgeezy87 07-13-2011 08:42 PM

1-5-5. THE BEST. bringing the pain!

LucianoJJ 07-13-2011 09:14 PM

Granted it was one of those Release Night, no sliders, Varsity Exhibition games, but I thought South Carolina was awesome. Crushed Clemson with SC.Jeffery, Lattimore and Garcia are weapons. Kudos to the Ole Ball Coach. The SEC will be a battle but the Gamecocks will be a top choice for Dynasties and online play.

slingstone 07-14-2011 12:17 AM

As I've watched the offense (I'm playing as a DC), I've been impressed by Ace Sanders (#9), who Garcia seems to throw to way more than Alshon Jeffries (#1). I guess Alshon's drawing double coverage, but Ace has been all over the field. It's funny seeing the little guy make all the big plays, but he's done some good things in real life, so I guess it's not that unusual. It's a little strange, though, in that D.L Moore (#82) is listed as the number 2 guy.

The AI OC seems not to know how to use Lattimore, at all. He did have a good game against Navy in week 3, but he almost wasn't a factor against Georgia. Also, Garcia gives the ball away two or three times a game. He does turn the ball over in real life, but come on...

fresnostate 07-14-2011 12:54 AM

Gotta chime in cause I got my first 'loss' vs South Carolina last night in a 3 OT thriller.

It was a exhibition game, South Carolina (cpu) vs Clemson (me). 5 min, All-American default for everything except CPU pass blocking to 35 because my d-line couldn't get any pressure in earlier practice games.

This game was awesome! I went up 10-0 in the first quarter. Once South Carolina started establishing the run they came back in the 2nd quarter to score a td, 10-7 half.

2nd half was a stalemate until the final drive of the quarter when south carolina got in field goal position and made it to force ot.

in ot, both teams got in the 5 yard line, but traded fgs for 2 ots. in the 3rd ot, i scored the td, but failed 2 pt conversion. south carolina made a long *** run by lattimore for a touchdown and garcia scored the game winning 2 point conversion on a scramble.

USCGamecockboy 07-14-2011 01:04 AM

thanks for the kind words.

weeeeeeez 07-14-2011 01:10 AM

South Carolina has been my go to team online.