Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Zoom Blur on Menu Text (/forums/showthread.php?t=493866)

AAPC 07-14-2011 01:26 AM

Zoom Blur on Menu Text

Is there anyway to get rid of all the stupid zoom blurs on menu texts in dynasty and the game in general.

It's annoying, adds absolutely nothing to the game, takes away from the readability of the text, and it hurts my eyes, though I may be the only one.

I've looked around the menus, but I may have missed it. Is this something that EA can work out at a future date, it really does give my eyes a hard time, to the point I can't play the game as long as I would like to.

Imagine if someone print a book and all the type had this effect, I really do not understand the art direction decision on this. I'm going to be dumping hours into this game and I don't want to be staring at blurred text while I recruit. I just want all the type to be clean, crisp, and easy to read. Is this possible?

MVPevy 07-14-2011 01:30 AM

Re: Zoom Blur on Menu Text

It seems like that's the style they were shooting for this year.

Dmarzio 07-14-2011 01:47 AM

I really hope this can be fixed in a patch or something, because this is the first glaring issue I have found in the game. I love the game to death, but like the OP said, this will literally limit the amount of time I can sink into the out of game stuff. I was waiting for someone to mention this, so I wouldn't be the only one to hate it.

I don't understand the decision here. It doesnt add anything, only makes my eyes hurt.

I may just do an online dynasty and do my recruiting on the web because of this.

der juicen 07-14-2011 01:49 AM

You guys will complain about anything.

Dmarzio 07-14-2011 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by der juicen (Post 2042597099)

I agree with you completely, and I usually scoff at some of the things people complain about, but this one is pretty serious for me.

Maybe I have worse eyes than you guys, and maybe playing on a 1080p computer monitor makes it worse, but this seriously gives me a headache after about 10 minutes of looking at it.

canes21 07-14-2011 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by der juicen (Post 2042597099)

So it isn't right to complain about the text in the game? We see that nearly the same amount of time as we play the game. Recruiting is pain for me since I always manually call players and every week search through the recruits to see if there are still some prospects out there without any offers.

In this year's game it kills my eyes after 5 minutes of recruiting. I seriously have to get up and do something after recruiting because it is so hard on my eyes.

hurricanefootball4 07-14-2011 02:38 AM

Haha, at first I thought there was something going wrong with my HDTV

sniperscout75 07-14-2011 07:59 AM

I also have a problem with the blurry text as well. At first I did everything I could to my tv thinking it was a problem there. For me its not a gamebreaker however it is for me at least extremely uncomfortable looking at that screen that way. Dont know why it is irritating for me but it is. Just my .02 cents.