Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Possible Madden power rankings! (/forums/showthread.php?t=493921)

lowndsy 07-14-2011 08:47 AM

Possible Madden power rankings!

In my opinion they should be as below. But obviously this is before Free agency but as it stands-Ovr ratings

Packers 95
Falcons 94
Patriots 93
Steelers 92
Jets 91
Saints 90
Ravens 89
Eagles 88
Colts 87
Bears 86
Giants 86
Chiefs 86
Chargers 85
Buccs 84
Texans 84
Cowboys 84
Rams 83
Lions 82
Raiders 81
Jags 80
49ers 80
Dolphins 79
Seahawks 79
Vikings 78
Titans 78
Browns 78
Redskins 77
Broncos 76
Bills 76
Cards 75
Bengals 74
Panthers 73

Just guessing at totals but you get the idea! Iam looking at taking whoever is worst and guiding them back towards the top!

tatmanfish 07-14-2011 10:19 AM

Re: Possible Madden power rankings!

pretty decent list, but ATL is overrated. They may have had the best record in the NFC, but if people are going to say the Bucs had a weak schedule, it applies to the rest of the NFC South. It was apparent by their quick exit from the playoffs that there record may have been better than team really was. They are still a good team, but not top 2 or even top 5 IMO. They are some where between 6-9 IMO. They added a WR, but I dont think thats enough to push them over the top. Especially how weak their D looked the last couple games.

Chiefs are a little too high IMO as well. They had a decent year, but Id have them somewhere between the Bucs and Rams on your list.

I also think the Vikings should be a little higher. They have a great roster, just not much at QB.

Other than that, good list. lower teams will be in the 60s though, so the OVRs should be stretched out, but we get the point.

Uncle Way 07-14-2011 11:08 AM

1.) I'd move Falcons down between Colts and Bears.. Their offense is very explosive, but their Defense is soooo suspect

2.) Chiefs should be between Texans and Cowboys

3.) I'd switch the Dolphins and Raiders

4.) Move the Vikings up a few spots. They have a gaping hole at the most important position on the field, but are pretty solid everywhere else

5.) Redskins are definitely better all-around than the Browns, Titans and Seahawks.. i'd say they're better than the '9ers as well..

List looks pretty good though. I'm sure, depending on Free Agency, the actual Madden rankings won't differ much from what we have here....

Chrisksaint 07-14-2011 11:19 AM

Despite being a better record last year, even if I try to look at it from a non homer stance the Saints have a better team then the Falcons soooo yeah they are overrated.

NaturalSelected 07-14-2011 11:24 AM

My two cents:

Overrated: Jags, 49ers

Underrated: Broncos, Vikings

stephenk24 07-14-2011 11:36 AM

Surely the Browns are undderated??

angels eclipse7 07-14-2011 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tatmanfish (Post 2042597980)
pretty decent list, but ATL is overrated. They may have had the best record in the NFC, but if people are going to say the Bucs had a weak schedule, it applies to the rest of the NFC South. It was apparent by their quick exit from the playoffs that there record may have been better than team really was. They are still a good team, but not top 2 or even top 5 IMO. They are some where between 6-9 IMO. They added a WR, but I dont think thats enough to push them over the top. Especially how weak their D looked the last couple games.

Chiefs are a little too high IMO as well. They had a decent year, but Id have them somewhere between the Bucs and Rams on your list.

I also think the Vikings should be a little higher. They have a great roster, just not much at QB.

Other than that, good list. lower teams will be in the 60s though, so the OVRs should be stretched out, but we get the point.

The Falcons absolutely did not have an easy schedule. Played and beat a LOT of good teams last year. That saying, I am a huge Falcon fan but not a homer and the Falcons should not be number 2 going into the season. They are definitely a top 10 team, but I could see them even slipping out of the top 5 in a lot of people's eyes. With the rosters how they are right now, I see the Falcons getting the number 6 seed this year.

FlyEaglesFly3 07-15-2011 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NaturalSelected (Post 2042598288)
My two cents:

Overrated: Jags, 49ers

Underrated: Broncos, Vikings

49ers are always going to be over-rated they have Donny Moore working on the rosters lol.

Over-rated other than them Saints and Colts. . . it should go by how they finished, same with the Cowboys, if they were that good they wouldn't have had a top 10 pick . . .