Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Threshold Slider (/forums/showthread.php?t=494000)

BadAssHskr 07-14-2011 01:04 PM

Threshold Slider

Can someone give me the low down on how exactly this one works/what it does?

joeyb 07-14-2011 01:50 PM

Re: Threshold Slider

It makes it so that each point of difference between two players' speeds makes more/less of an impression on the game, e.g. lowering it will allow for QBs to put distance between them and linemen, safeties will be able to track a running back down from behind, etc.

SECElit3 07-14-2011 02:16 PM

It effects the accleration of the players. Say you have two players, one has a 92 acceleration rating and the other has a 75. If you were to raise the threshold to 100, there would be little to no separation between the two because they would both be acceleratiing at the same rate, completely making their accleleration ratings a non-factor.

Vice versa, meaning if you were to lower the threshold to zero, player one would win the race because of his high acceleration rating.

Maximum speed is not affected by this slider.

87Birdman 07-14-2011 02:25 PM

One thing that I have noticed with this was when I had it at 0 I could complete long passes easily because my receiver would get a speed boost right to catch up to the ball creating enough distance between the receiver and the safeties or corners with him. But at 50 I didn't have that problem, so there could be a better spot between the two, but I feel that 0 might cause somethings to not work like they should or cause weird annimations.

SECElit3 07-14-2011 03:32 PM

People are saying the sweetspot is around the 25 mark

fldash 07-14-2011 03:59 PM

Someone did tests in another thread based on 40 times and said 55 was good... I honestly don't know.

Gotmadskillzson 07-14-2011 04:04 PM

I like it at ZERO. When the cpu blitzes a safety or CB, you actually get sacked. Same thing with looping blitzes. It really limits the amount of time you have in the pocket, which is something I like.

Plus a fast WR can beat a slow CB. Which is the way it should be. On default or higher....I was seeing CBs with 86 speed hanging with WRs with 94 speed.

Also Jet sweeps actually work better too on zero speed as well.

Armor and Sword 07-14-2011 04:17 PM

I use zero. It makes for ratings really mattering. Elite players with acceleration show it.

Makes for a realistic game and accounting for players.