Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Any way to get CPU to use more clock? (/forums/showthread.php?t=494028)

MikeMagnum4311 07-14-2011 02:02 PM

Any way to get CPU to use more clock?

I like playing the 15 minute quarters but have noticed that the computer never uses the play clock as much as they should. I've played no-huddle offenses(centreal michigan, baylor) and a traditional huddle up offense(TCU). I understand teams like Oregon get right up to the line and are hiking the ball as soon as possible, but most other teams are using that Missouri style no-huddle where everyone is lined up, and looking at the sidelines for the play call, meanwhile using a decent amount of the play clock.

For example, the game i had against TCU, a game I got dominated, they would have 11, 13, 8...play drives that would last 2 minutes, all because they are hiking the ball with 25 seconds on the play clock. All cpu teams I've played so far hiking the ball at about the same point.

Are these just isolated incidents? Is there an accelerated play clock for the CPU like there is for the human in the adjustments screen? I hope theres a work-around for this, because it's the only thing haulting some realism for me. thanks.

Playmakers 07-14-2011 02:58 PM

Re: Any way to get CPU to use more clock?

nope....

the only solutions i know of is to mess around with their coaching sliders make them less aggressive on offense run more and also i think there is a Chew the Clock feature in the game if i'm not mistaken

but that requires you to use 2 controllers if it's like last year where you set the CPU gameplan's....i sue to that a lot

edaddy 07-17-2011 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playmakers (Post 2042599453)
nope....

the only solutions i know of is to mess around with their coaching sliders make them less aggressive on offense run more and also i think there is a Chew the Clock feature in the game if i'm not mistaken

but that requires you to use 2 controllers if it's like last year where you set the CPU gameplan's....i sue to that a lot

I want to try this exactly how do you do it and does it work?...

Kingfish 07-17-2011 08:50 PM

Occasionally you will see your own QB(in RtG) actually run some clock before he snaps, not often but it can happen. I have never seen the CPU do it.

The only solution I found is to watch plays...I have found I have to watch every play in the 4th quarter to keep the cpu 'honest'. Sucks really.

dochalladay32 07-18-2011 01:00 AM

You can't play 15 minute quarters unless you want laughable results. I'm still iffy on 10 minutes, but I've had 139 and 151 plays and the last game had Indiana running the no-huddle a lot... which I didn't plan on, but the result of one no-huddle team and one regular team worked out nicely. 151 is a bit higher than I'd like, but again, if I can get the completion percentages up (it's only at 51% for user and cpu so far), that will cut those down at least 5 or so, if not more. I buy low 130's for 2 non-no huddle teams and I buy mid 140's for one no huddle team. Just need to get the completions up and get the yards per completion down a tad and victory!

JayD 07-18-2011 01:05 AM

clock management is terrible in this game, we need an adjustable accelerated clock or at least fix it to where the computer uses chew clock more often. Also the no huddle/hurry up offense needs A LOT of work, I've seen teams get set under 5 seconds and get a play off.

dochalladay32 07-18-2011 03:18 AM

I'm tempted to get Madden just because of the better all around work done on little things like that, but at the same time, I'm hoping that with some tweaks, I'll have no desire to play Madden with NCAA on the shelf. There is just so much they've done with that game that needs to be done here.

BhamTiger 07-18-2011 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD (Post 2042616540)
clock management is terrible in this game, we need an adjustable accelerated clock or at least fix it to where the computer uses chew clock more often. Also the no huddle/hurry up offense needs A LOT of work, I've seen teams get set under 5 seconds and get a play off.

CPU clock management has been an issue for years. I've seen the CPU call two rushing plays, call a timeout, then another rushing play at the end of a half.

I hate the no huddle in this game as well, and always use two controllers and set the CPU team strategy to "normal" or "chew clock".