Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Jacory Harris 89??? What was EA thinking.... (/forums/showthread.php?t=494405)

UltimateCaneFan 07-15-2011 02:05 PM

Jacory Harris 89??? What was EA thinking....

As a Miami fan im always happy to see players get high ratings, but when I saw that Harris was a 89 even as a diehard Canes fan I had to laugh. What the hell did EA see last season (or any for that matter) to think he is an 89? Then to see Stephen Morris at an 80 was even more rough. How is it that a freshman comes in and basically takes the starting gig away from the starter and then have them 9 points apart? If anything Harris is an 84 AT BEST and Morris is around the 82-84 mark. Also Harris has an awareness rating of 82....really EA? Really? He didnt seem to aware he was throwing into triple coverage week in week out, didnt see to aware when he got slammed into the ground and knocked out cold.

Death_By_Smiley 07-15-2011 02:07 PM

Re: Jacory Harris 89??? What was EA thinking....

Harris's speed rating is really high. I'm not going to say what that implies, but someone I'm sure will.

UltimateCaneFan 07-15-2011 02:09 PM

Exactly it honestly seems that EA didnt watch a single game of Miami and went based of the fact that he is black to give him speed.

Also I love Ray Ray Armstrong and think he is going to be one of the top 15 players taken in the draft but what exactly did he do last season to deserve the highest rating on the team? I was positive Sean Spence would get that honor.

skullsession 07-15-2011 02:13 PM

EA loves both UM's quite a bit, particularly Michigan.

Jordan Kovacs @ 89 ovr, Devin Gardner @ 89 spd (he's maybe an 82 and certainly not high AGI/ACC), Brennen Beyer @ 88 spd, Kenny Demens (a true throwback mike) @ 88 spd.

labballin24 07-15-2011 02:22 PM

I can't understand many of EA's decisions on QB ratings. They overrated Dayne Crist as well, and underrated Matt Barkley. How Crist gets an 87 in awareness with barely 8 full games of experience confuses me, especially considering his last full game was a horrible performance against Navy.

How a guy that has a stat line like 62%, 7.4 yards per attempt, 26 TD's and 12 INTS is only rated one overall point than a guy who threw 54%, 6.64 yards per attempt, 14 TD's and 15 INTS is pretty incredible. Especially once you look at their awareness discrepancy. Also despite the fact that Barkley is also an elite pro prospect and was by far the #1 rated QB in his class.

It just makes me wonder where the heck they get the reasoning for some of these attributes.

Watson 07-15-2011 02:23 PM

EA added an ArmPunt Rating.

inchez34 07-15-2011 02:25 PM

They were thinking he's the Miami Hurricane's starting quarterback.

Armor and Sword 07-15-2011 02:26 PM

Nice thing is we can edit them.

I too noticed this as a Cane homer. I am waiting on Buckeye and Gatorbait and will see where they have it set. I know they were doing minor edits.

I will nerf some of them down a little to make them more realistic.