Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL Legacy (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   NHL 12 Video - Signature Traits (/forums/showthread.php?t=494604)

Steve_OS 07-15-2011 11:13 PM

NHL 12 Video - Signature Traits

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Gameplay Producer Novell Thomas illustrates how AI has improved with a look at the Sedins and Burrows cycling the puck in the offensive zone.

Gagnon39 07-16-2011 12:22 AM

Re: NHL 12 Video - Signature Traits

I don't know. I didn't see a whole lot that I've not already seen. And I always hated how if you had the puck in the corner and carried it toward the slot your teammate would skate toward you instead of remaining on the other goal post for a possible one timer.

I guess that's the point of net prescence traits though, maybe Burrows was trying to screen or get in front of the goalie? I don't know. Either way, it sounds great. I'd like so see some other demonstrations that show it better though.

The thing I'm most interested in is the Be A GM stuff. I'm hoping that there's more information than we've already had.

Flamesfan102 07-16-2011 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gagnon39 (Post 2042607668)
I don't know. I didn't see a whole lot that I've not already seen. And I always hated how if you had the puck in the corner and carried it toward the slot your teammate would skate toward you instead of remaining on the other goal post for a possible one timer.

I guess that's the point of net prescence traits though, maybe Burrows was trying to screen or get in front of the goalie? I don't know. Either way, it sounds great. I'd like so see some other demonstrations that show it better though.

The thing I'm most interested in is the Be A GM stuff. I'm hoping that there's more information than we've already had.

Don't worry, there is more Be a GM news coming July 20th - we'll probably hear than of EA telling us more additions to the mode - like suspensions and mid-season contract extensions [which were confirmed by Grame on IGN] Check NHL 12's Hockey Whiteboard for all the dates

kai123 07-16-2011 01:57 AM

With these new traits, what will happen to create-a-play?

Gagnon39 07-16-2011 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kai123 (Post 2042607984)
With these new traits, what will happen to create-a-play?

Nothing. I'm sure it will still be there. They said that the traits are not something that makes the players do their assigned "trait" every time. In other words Holmstrom won't ALWAYS be in front of the net, but its what he will most likely do.

Vikes1 07-16-2011 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gagnon39 (Post 2042607668)

Yep, I'm ready now for some good news about GM mode too, Gagnon.

I've got my fingers crossed for us to hear about some nice surprises. Like maybe....despite hearing no one saw it but, custom season length is in. Custom conference/division. So in season two of GM mode, we can mimic the coming division changes. Goal/Hockey News mag covers. A guy can dream can't he?:)

plaidchuck 07-16-2011 08:51 AM

Lets talking about the defensive play on that clip..

LetsGoHawks 07-16-2011 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plaidchuck (Post 2042608473)
Lets talking about the defensive play on that clip..

Its nice to see that someone else noticed as well. To me that was an example of bad ai on the defense. I don't get how burrows is just allowed to be that free in the crease area