Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   No stats recorded on penalties? (/forums/showthread.php?t=495320)

dochalladay32 07-18-2011 04:21 PM

No stats recorded on penalties?

I was wondering if anyone else had seen this, because it's going to kill the recording of stats to see if my sliders are set well enough.

I played a game yesterday, caused a fumble, recovered it, and ran it back, but it was called back for clipping. I still got the ball, though. Yet after the game, there was no record of any fumble being caused or recovered.

Now today, I just started a game. Kicked it off, opponent got to the 20 or so, but was called for holding. I go check the stats. There is no history of any kickoffs or returns... which isn't possible since we had to start the game some how. Team stats even says 0 return yards and 1 penalty for 10 yards. They should have about 24 yards returned.

Any one else seeing these errors?

Strings74 07-18-2011 04:26 PM

Re: No stats recorded on penalties?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dochalladay32 (Post 2042619043)
I was wondering if anyone else had seen this, because it's going to kill the recording of stats to see if my sliders are set well enough.

I played a game yesterday, caused a fumble, recovered it, and ran it back, but it was called back for clipping. I still got the ball, though. Yet after the game, there was no record of any fumble being caused or recovered.

Now today, I just started a game. Kicked it off, opponent got to the 20 or so, but was called for holding. I go check the stats. There is no history of any kickoffs or returns... which isn't possible since we had to start the game some how. Team stats even says 0 return yards and 1 penalty for 10 yards. They should have about 24 yards returned.

Any one else seeing these errors?

I could certainly be wrong but the second scenario looks right.

Penalty on the kickoff would nullify any return yards.

I'm not sure about the first one. If you force a fumble and recover and THEN get called for a penalty I would think you'd get the Force and the recovery but not hte resulting return yards.

I'm not a big football stats guy, though.

Lexicon 07-18-2011 04:36 PM

I haven't checked out this specific problem, but I know there's a history of problems with stats and penalties in football games. I remember in 2K5 that penalties would actually give you negative stats. For example, if LT broke off a 75 yard run and it got called back on a holding penalty, it would give LT -75 yards rushing.

dochalladay32 07-18-2011 04:43 PM

Geez, at least it isn't that bad.

The fumble should certainly have been recorded as I got the ball. The ball had to become in my possession some how.