Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   All this talk of Rookie ratings got me thinking... (/forums/showthread.php?t=495583)

Roncatto 07-19-2011 01:51 PM

All this talk of Rookie ratings got me thinking...

... that I don't know why but ever since Madden 09 I have had a major obsession with Rookie QB's.

I think its because most of the time they start of with something pretty bad about their game and they also are part of a pretty bad team and it makes the challange of rebuilding a Franchise. They also bring a bit more story to it as the QB grows with you ( well hopefully lol).

Last year we had limited choice.

Bradford was amazing from the get go and after one year the Rams could tear up anyone.

Mccoy was more of a challange with both the Browns being avg to start with and in tough division.

However, this year's Madden is bringing big upgrades to Franchise mode and I thought about which rookie QB is going to be the challange, fun or utter bust.

So guys, if you had to pick one of the Following Franchises that have have a Rookie QB as possible starter, who will you go with.

Cam "boom or bust" Newton?
Locker teaming up with CJ?
Gabbert fighting Gerrard?
Ponder filling Farve's shoes?
Dalton ousts Palmer?

My pick - Jacksonville. Be good chance to test this QB mentor trait.

Over to you.

FlyEaglesFly3 07-20-2011 07:11 AM

Re: All this talk of Rookie ratings got me thinking...

I still think Madden gives a lot of players too high of attributes. These rookies come in and can perform day-in and day-out just like P.Manning and T.Brady!

I want to get a rookie QB and FEEL like I'm controlling a ROOKIE.

I remember when in Madden 10 and 11 NATE DAVIS would be the starting QB for some guys that decided to pick a QB late, and he'd light up the scoreboard.

Same with all other rookies and low-rated players, they shouldn't be able to perform as if they were superstars, and if they do. . . let them progress as such.

I just think it should mean something to have a 75 or under player starting, you should feel his weakness.

Also in these Madden drafts people pick OL almost last, have 60s and 50s starting, holding up against dominant DL and LBs!

Madden doesn't really have story-lines anymore, you kind of have to make your own. . . kind of sad : (

Roncatto 07-20-2011 07:44 AM

Re: All this talk of Rookie ratings got me thinking...

But by all accounts that will change.

Some of the videos really demonstrating power defensive lines bull rushing the QB against sub standard OL.

I'm just hoping that with this new trait system and better trench wars that looking after a Rookie Qb is going to feel alot harder and more real