Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Roster requirements (/forums/showthread.php?t=495751)

Jibbler 07-19-2011 09:39 PM

Roster requirements

Anyone know this year how its going to work?? now that we will have LS as a requriment, and most teams keep 7 OL and 3/4 teams only have 2 DTs. are we still going to have to waste 2 slots?? and the past Id create a LS in that poistion to fill in the 8th OL spot. It would be very interesting to see how this will work. though if IR works the way it SHOULD some players on IR we will be able to fill the slots with I guess.

boogeyman12 07-19-2011 10:41 PM

Re: Roster requriements

as a sim nerd.. i hate seeing the cpu with the absolute minimum at every position in 2011

Jibbler 07-19-2011 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogeyman12 (Post 2042626450)
as a sim nerd.. i hate seeing the cpu with the absolute minimum at every position in 2011

Your right, this is why they put it in I think, I just hate having to waste slots for players not in the team. most teams go with 7 OL as I said, same with 3/4 teams with only 2 DTs this is where the frustration lies.

peter77733 07-20-2011 01:12 AM

For the final 53, ideally, the player requirements should be as follows -

QB - 3
RB - 3
FB - 2
WR - 5
TE - 3
C - 2
OG - 4
OT - 4
DT - 4
DE - 4
OLB - 4
MLB - 3
CB - 5
SS - 2
FS - 2
LS - 1
K - 1
P - 1

For 3-4 defensive teams, DT should be 3 and ILB should be 4. Of course, I personally have never ever liked the player position requirements. It shouldnt even exist. Hell, if someone wants to have 53 QB's on their roster playing every position, that should be up to that person. And what I really hate is that its setup by left and right side. UGH. So frustrating.

kwabalicious 07-20-2011 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peter77733 (Post 2042627471)

QB - 3
RB - 3
FB - 2
WR - 5
TE - 3
C - 2
OG - 4
OT - 4
DT - 4
DE - 4
OLB - 4
MLB - 3
CB - 5
SS - 2
FS - 2
LS - 1
K - 1
P - 1

For 3-4 defensive teams, DT should be 3 and ILB should be 4. Of course, I personally have never ever liked the player position requirements. It shouldnt even exist. Hell, if someone wants to have 53 QB's on their roster playing every position, that should be up to that person. And what I really hate is that its setup by left and right side. UGH. So frustrating.

I definitely would not say 3 QBs, as many teams only keep 2. 2 FBs? I don't believe that's necessary. 3 TE's aren't always needed either, and I think many teams can survive with only 3 guards and 3 tackles. In a 4-3, the MLB requirement only needs to be two, and the same goes with the NT requirement in the 3-4. You could even argue that only 4 CBs and 4 WRs are needed due to the fact that TE's can be used as wide receivers in 4 and five wide receiver sets and safties can fill in at corner in dime and quarter packages.

mestevo 07-20-2011 03:16 AM

Yeah there shouldn't be a hard and fast 'here's 53 spots to fill, by position' as there's a lot of reasons teams end up carrying more of one position, and less of another. It can be a risky, and I think we should be able to take it.

You should have your minimums, and then the flexibility to fix a few others into your 53.

Uncle Way 07-20-2011 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peter77733 (Post 2042627471)

QB - 3
RB - 3
FB - 2
WR - 5
TE - 3
C - 2
OG - 4
OT - 4
DT - 4
DE - 4
OLB - 4
MLB - 3
CB - 5
SS - 2
FS - 2
LS - 1
K - 1
P - 1

Position requirements should be interchangeable:

Guards/Tackle=OL
HB/FB= RB
OLB/MLB= LB
DE/DT= DL
CB/FS/SS= DB

If we're talking about the same thing, I agree that the Left/Right setup is definitely frustrating as it only takes a simple "flip" of the offensive play to exploit mismatches..

In the Depth Chart: Linebackers should be designated Mike, Sam and Will instead of Middle, ROLB, and LOLB

simeoncam50 07-20-2011 04:45 AM

I hope they allow the players to hold or carry more than one position title ie C/ G, Te/fb etc. I would also like to see the requirements for the rosters taken away, if I only want to keep or have 2or 6 qbs like an above post said allow me to have that off line. I paid for it so let me have my roster the way I want it. My opinion but I would like to see the multiple positions or skill sets for the players.