Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Broken Tackles in the running game (/forums/showthread.php?t=495932)

trrt 07-20-2011 10:37 AM

Broken Tackles in the running game

I know this has been mentioned a few times in other slider threads including Oraeon1224's discussion but i wanted to ask what people's thoughts were on whether or not there is a lack of broken tackles in the running game and what sliders seem to best address this behavior.

It seems that almost always it is the first tackler that will wrap up the RB. The running game in general is great and I've had success but i'm just not happy with the lack of broken tackles by the backs.

I've messed with the Tackle slider but have not found the sweet spot yet. A lot of slider sets seem to have the Tackle slider around 40-50 but at this setting i am seeing very few broken tackles.

Any input would be appreciated.

NDAlum 07-20-2011 10:56 AM

Re: Broken Tackles in the running game

I believe you can't go over 10 to be honest. I'm at 10 on AA and that is as high I'll go. I will probably be dropping down to 5

trrt 07-20-2011 11:07 AM

I think you may very well be correct. It will have to be in that 0-15 range. And probably roughly the same for HUM and CPU. It should also give the CPU running game a little extra boost which it can always use on AA.

Do you have "10" for both HUM and CPU?

trrt 07-20-2011 01:36 PM

One interesting thing i remembered - back in '09 one guy did some good analysis on what exactly madden sliders do in the game. his name was bill2451. his research was pretty invaluable even though 90% of people cared about when he would give them sliders. lol.

anyways, one of his observations (which i remember confirming in my own testing back then) is that the TACKLE slider does not have any impact on the likelyhood of the tackle animation being successful (aka will the defender finish the tackle or will it be broken). It only impacts the likelyhood/ease of the tackle animation being started - ie how far you need to be from the ballcarrier and what angle you need to be facing relative to the ball carrier.

my point being is that lowering the TACKLE slider may not be the way to solve this problem. ofcourse it could be different in NCAA since the sliders are now different between the two games (at least in name).

my theory is that the lack of broken tackles may be more related to RB ABILITY. it needs to go higher. but most slider sets have it pretty high from what i can see. so that doesnt quite mesh.

ahh the joys of sliders. if only EA would just tell us what the hell they actually do! why is that such a crazy request?