Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Anyone seen the Diving Catches?? (/forums/showthread.php?t=495933)

MMurda 07-20-2011 10:41 AM

Anyone seen the Diving Catches??

i have yet to see 1 diving catch that was boasted about when they were unveiling features for ncaa 12. it seems every time there should be one, my wr doesnt even try to make a catch attempt. he just keeps blindly running as the ball sails right past him, sometimes literally all they have to do is just put their arms out. or if i can hurry up and switch and try to user catch, the wr does that thing where they keep running and just throw their arms up real quick. if anyone has seen these diving catches or has some vids id love to see/hear bout it. i hope this isnt something that was hyped but left out. i wouldnt even care if they caught it successfully, i just wanna see that they attempted to not let the ball just sail away when they could make a play on it.

Sack Attack 07-20-2011 10:46 AM

Re: Anyone seen the Diving Catches??

What teams are you playing as? I would imagine the SPC rating has something to do with it. I've seen a couple of my guys lay out for the catch, but not a completed one yet.

ViLLiO 07-20-2011 10:52 AM

Yeah, maybe 4 or 5 by now, and they've all been completed for touchdowns. Usually happens when my opponent has man pressed my receivers, and I'm rolling to the right avoiding pressure, hence the bad throw. Pretty cool.

cjg225 07-20-2011 10:55 AM

I haven't seen any. I can't even get my receivers to dive when I hit Square. It is driving me insane.

c_law23 07-20-2011 10:56 AM

I haven't. In fact as often as Scheelhause overthrows in my dynasty I would really appreciate some dive attempts.

Boris Le Tigre 07-20-2011 10:57 AM

Only seen 1- so far and it didn't look any different than NCAA 11. I vaguely remember reading that new catch animations were prominent in this years game.

I have seen the WR not react to a ball thrown at them though... many many times (2 a game or so). A couple times I've hit guys in the head/shoulder... they don't even react. I note that this usually happens when I hammer the button trying to get a little extra on the throw.

ViLLiO 07-20-2011 10:58 AM

I'd rather not see it at all rather than see it every play... Please don't "fix" this, EA.

grandchampbaby117 07-20-2011 10:58 AM

None....I havent seen anything