Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   EA, please keep an option to use the old "reverse" camera for OTP defensive play.. (/forums/showthread.php?t=497164)

m-dogg 07-25-2011 12:10 PM

EA, please keep an option to use the old "reverse" camera for OTP defensive play..

I guess its official that they went back to the head to head camera for defense in OTP after reading the online communities write ups.

sure EA may have got a lot of requests for this, but there are just as many of us that prefer a behind the player's back camera in playing defense in OTP. it just makes more sense, and is more immersive. playing defense coming down towards the screen makes no sense to me and feels unatural. I hope EA was able to put in an option for users to chose which camera they want to use in OTP, or can quickly patch this -- as I am only getting madden for OTP, and most of the people I play with are not fans of this camera change. I guess it was done for all of the H2H players who could not adjust to something new. as long as its still an option I will be happy, more options for the customer is always good...

CRMosier_LM 07-25-2011 12:18 PM

Re: EA, please keep an option to use the old "reverse" camera for OTP defensive play.

Quote:

Originally Posted by m-dogg (Post 2042650379)
I guess its official that they went back to the head to head camera for defense in OTP after reading the online communities write ups.

sure EA may have got a lot of requests for this, but there are just as many of us that prefer a behind the player's back camera in playing defense in OTP. it just makes more sense, and is more immersive. playing defense coming down towards the screen makes no sense to me and feels unatural. I hope EA was able to put in an option for users to chose which camera they want to use in OTP, or can quickly patch this -- as I am only getting madden for OTP, and most of the people I play with are not fans of this camera change. I guess it was done for all of the H2H players who could not adjust to something new. as long as its still an option I will be happy, more options for the customer is always good...

Actually it is done to broaden the appeal since most gamers (almost all) are accustomed to that view. People have a hard time taking OTP seriously when that camera view will throw off their main play modes like Play Now or MUT

ChaseB 07-25-2011 12:21 PM

Re: EA, please keep an option to use the old "reverse" camera for OTP defensive play.

This option is removed completely this year. Since they have to reverse the controls when the camera changes, they could not find a way to keep both methods in the game.

happymadison 07-25-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaseB (Post 2042650413)
This option is removed completely this year. Since they have to reverse the controls when the camera changes, they could not find a way to keep both methods in the game.

well hopefully they can do this with next year's madden and they can call it a (new feature).

poisedjase 07-25-2011 12:56 PM

Quote:

agree love behind the player view on defensive i only play team play beside my online franchise game if i had a choice i use this camera view in all modes love it the other camera view i dont like but will adjust

nowitzki41 07-25-2011 01:06 PM

I cannot believe the changed the camera any one who has ever played football knows that its more natural to play with the offence coming towards you not the other way around. but ea dev's have never played football. the way it is isnt natural its awful. should had the option to choose, and if you cant adjust thats too bad. (get better) unbelievable

ChaseB 07-25-2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nowitzki41 (Post 2042650579)
I cannot believe the changed the camera any one who has ever played football knows that its more natural to play with the offence coming towards you not the other way around. but ea dev's have never played football. the way it is isnt natural its awful. should had the option to choose, and if you cant adjust thats too bad. (get better) unbelievable

The change is based on user feedback, not EA "never playing football." In this case, the "they like totally don't know how to play REAL football" argument doesn't really work here.

Tyrant8RDFL 07-25-2011 01:15 PM

Quote:

I agree with this request. It makes playing defense more enjoyable, and accurate.

I have to say BackBreaker did a great job with the camera they offered playing defense. Intercepting the ball felt so good in BB :), or filling the hole with the LB to make a tackle.

NCAA has the option to play defense with the camera beihind the Defensive player. Interesting why it is not in Madden? Its a option with the pushing in of the left analog sitck.

Could have easily been implemented in Madden.