Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   RTG RB sliders (/forums/showthread.php?t=497625)

acts238shaun 07-27-2011 02:04 PM

RTG RB sliders

Would someone please test these with me? I am using an existing player so I can use named/edited rosters to see how they play out. So far so good. I'm on Western Michigan and I am 5-3 as a team. My 87 OVR RB has 160 carries for 900 yards, 7 TD and longest carry being 26 yards. My YPC is 5.6. Keep in mind that two of my games have been vs EMU and an FCS team. Before you comment, please try them. Remember, these sliders are only for a RTG RB. Unless mentioned everything is at default. The defense isn't dumbed down, elite defenders still show out and it's still hard to break their tackle.

Please let me know what you think!

Slow speed, 20 threshold, AA difficulty

Human Off
QB ACC 55
WR CTH 75 (limit drops at contact)
Run Block 55 (defenders still break through @ times)

CPU Defense
Pass Def zero (try it before you comment)
Run Defense 30
INT's 25
Tackling 30

I love how with tackling at 30 a power back can lean and get those couple extra yards. Before I had it at 30 it was rare to see. The STR rating for a RB didn't matter and too many crappy CB's were taking my Power HB on and standing me up. Enjoy!

Edit 7/28 lowered threshold to 20 to cut some big plays by my RB.

Mr Red Karpet 07-27-2011 09:59 PM

Re: RTG RB sliders

im gonna check these out in a few minutes..ill play a few games and post some stats for ya

acts238shaun 07-28-2011 11:47 AM

Thanks man! ^^^ Looking for any feedback you can give.

I just played Ball St - horrible team. My WMU team is a B on offense and a C+ on defense btw. BallSt is a D offense and D+ on defense. Just finished my game against them, game nine for the season, making us 6-3. My RB had 24 carries for 187 and 2 TD's. 77 of the yards were on a run in the fourth while running the clock out. Take away the long run and my yard per carry is ~4.8 for the game. I also had 4 catches for 37 yards.

I am finding the sliders to be about right, it's not easy and were I not playing Ball St I would have gotten caught from behind by someone. Really loving these. I've had games where I had a YPC of 3, against FCS teams I was getting 7.

My QB finished the game 17/23 for 227 yards and 2 TD's. I sim all pass plays I am not running a route. Thankfully no dumb INT's when I don't sim. Super LB's are gone as well.

Looking for feedback, thanks guys!

acts238shaun 07-28-2011 12:57 PM

10th game, vs Toledo (4-6 now), won 27-0 as D really stepped up. RB had 25 carries and 158 yards for a 6.3 average. Longest run was 16 yards. Also had 2 TD's. I'd have an occasional -2 to no gain and had a couple for 8 to the aforementioned 16. Most of my carries were ground pounding yards. My RB is up to a 91 OVR, but I haven't touched his speed rating, which is still 85.

For the season my RB has 210 carries for 1256 yards and 11 TD's. My carries and yards lead the MAC. I've also got a team leading 36 receptions for three rec. TD's. Bernard Pierce of Temple in nine games has 147 carries for 1043 yards with a 7 yard average.

As far as NCAA leaders I lead in carries and yards but am second to Roddy Jones in yards per game (127).

Ok, two games left in the regular season. I'll play them and post shortly.

acts238shaun 07-28-2011 01:55 PM

vs Miami OH, WMU won 28-3. My team's defense is C+, dunno why it's shutting people down.

Anyway, my RB had 3 rec for 57 yds, including an untouched 33 yrd screen for a TD, which is rare.

Rushing, I had 22 carries for 217 yards, 88 of which were on a 3rd and 1 in the 4th where the CPU was bunched in as we were in GL form. I nailed the FS and was just missed by a lunging SS. The last 80 yards I outran the LB's. Take away that one run and my ypc was 6.1.

acts238shaun 07-28-2011 03:01 PM

My RB had a great game vs a poor team (can't remember who at moment), too good. Out ran faster players, lowered threshold to 20. Can really tell a difference.

acts238shaun 07-28-2011 03:41 PM

20 is great! I had 6 a carry in the last game, no long runs though. I would get caught from behind by faster players. Works great now!

acts238shaun 07-28-2011 04:30 PM

Ok, finished 1st year of RTG. Lost last two games vs Ohio in MAC Champ game and Iowa in GoDaddy Bowl, finishing season 9-5. Had 18car 72yrds 9rec 87yrds vs Iowa. 20 works! For year I won Doak Walker, had 282 car for 1858 yards and 17 td's for an average of 6.5 a car and 132 a game. I had three two hundred yard games, against an FCS team, Akron and Ball St - three horrible teams. I also had 59 receptions for 679 yards and 6 TD's, leading the team in yards and receptions.

I finished 1st in MAC and NCAA in carries and yards, 3rd in NCAA in TD's.

Were I in a different conference, say the SEC/PAC12 I would have had a less successful season stat wise. I am going to do the same thing with Vandy to see how it goes, using the same sliders and RB setup.