Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Testing confirms running game hosed heres why, please pass on to EA (/forums/showthread.php?t=497661)

Oraeon1224 07-27-2011 04:59 PM

Testing confirms running game hosed heres why, please pass on to EA

I have no idea how to pass this own to EA but I saw versus2 youtube and I did my own testing and found the following which confirms AA is default setting. Oddly cheating is only when in cover 2 zone defense not man (including cover 2 man) or cover 3 (any cover 2 zone cheats whether a zone blitze, sink, etc...). The cheat is that the CPU CB on the side of the run immediately rushes towards the running back and is never ever blocked:

1) Varsity: CPU does NOT cheat against human run
Human DOES cheat against the CPU run
Meaning: CPU outside run is guaranteed loss, human runs
correctly
2) All-american: CPU DOES cheat against the human run
Human DOES cheat against the CPU run
Meaning: Both cheat so it is fair at least
3) Heismann: CPU DOES cheat against the human run
Human does NOT cheat against the CPU run
Meaning: CPU runs correctly, human outside is hard

Fortunately there are 2 fixes for this (PLEASE EA FIX THIS FOR REAL at least on AA level)

1) Move the WR on the side of your run in motion, if he is inside the CB he blocks correctly. This will not help the CPU so you should only play on Heismann where the CPU runs correctly if you are willing to do this on every outside run (CPU cheat has minimal effect on inside runs).

2) For some odd reason Rush defense set to 30 or lower initiates a chip block action 90% of the time on AA against the CB effectively blocking him and fixing the issue. Run blocking slider has no effect at all on this.

Wildcats302 07-27-2011 05:25 PM

Re: Testing confirms running game hosed heres why, please pass on to EA

I have no problem running for 175-250 yards a game on All American...and I'm playing with Kentucky, not like I'm Alabama or Oregon.

sccavs64 07-27-2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildcats302 (Post 2042660015)
I have no problem running for 175-250 yards a game on All American...and I'm playing with Kentucky, not like I'm Alabama or Oregon.

I agree, Im not having any trouble running at all. I just moved the CPU run defense slider to 70

JalenTigh 07-27-2011 05:29 PM

I dont either. Some teams stuff me, some I torch... seems realistic to me. Some teams got good run D, some dont. Im enjoying the running game a heck of alot more this year then in the past... its one of the few things about this game I don't have a complaint about.

Wildcats302 07-27-2011 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sccavs64 (Post 2042660026)
I agree, Im not having any trouble running at all. I just moved the CPU run defense slider to 70

Yeah, I think I'll try that and see how it works. My issue is I cannot pass with the psychic DB's so if I can't run...and can't pass...I'll never compete or win any so I might get mad and tired of the game. I guess I need to tweak the sliders on run D and pass D for the CPU.

Marcus34 07-27-2011 05:48 PM

Led the nation twice in rushing yards on AA and Im second in the nation so far this season.

No complaints

ultralow36 07-27-2011 05:51 PM

running game is top notch......

Catamount53 07-27-2011 05:56 PM

People are quick to jump to assumptions here. Just because you can have success doing something does not mean it is right in the game.

In AA or Heisman difficulty during a running play, as soon as you snap the ball the playside CB sprints towards the runningback. It happens regardless of the playcall or anything else.