Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   What is wrong with the RTG playcallers? (/forums/showthread.php?t=498285)

Apollo1449 07-31-2011 02:02 AM

What is wrong with the RTG playcallers?

Seriously, what is the deal here? I just don't understand, I play as a running back, go to a school that runs the ball a good amount, but instead I get f**king ******** play calls where the QB will get sacked or throw a damn interception almost every play, even when I call for the ball he'll stand back there and take a 10 yard sack or throw a pick into double coverage. Defense in supersim is abysmal as well. They can't stop a nosebleed and it seems the game punishes you for throwing a pick or fumbling by having the other team march down the field magically in supersim. This is so stupid, I am 3-4 with VT and when you sim a dynasty VT is always 7-0 at that point in the season, the run calls are also horrible, Draws on 3rd and long? WHY??? Am i doing something wrong or is varsity the only playable difficulty where you just hulk over everybody else all the time?

Pogo27 07-31-2011 06:15 AM

Re: What is wrong with the RTG playcallers?

Draw plays on 3rd and Long are pretty money actually... if you can't manage these, I suggest trying a different position.

But that aside, I tend to agree with your rant.

The offensive coordinators in RTG tend to be uncreative, and the playcalling certainly doesn't match what you'd find if you played against this team in Dynasty Mode.

Moreoever, there are too many broke plays that get called over again, and at times... the offense straight up disappears. I've spent numerous offensive series with the coach calling a PA Pass, and I'm sacked before I'm done faking the handoff.

And of course I lose coach trust for getting sacked... even though the only thing I did was push A to hike the ball...

MaddenFranchise10 07-31-2011 07:04 PM

Poor programing.

I thought this would've been fixed this year, but I also thought that we would be able to adjust the quarter length in RTG.. Add it to the mountain of glaring gameplay and AI issues this game was released with.

Who tests this game?

MagicMan1315 07-31-2011 07:19 PM

Yea... It has pretty much made RTG unplayable unless you are a QB at a Spread/Air-Raid/Run N' Shoot school.. Even then.. Coach will call run plays when you have a minute left and need a touchdown to tie it.

And of course those run plays are sweeps from the shot gun.

What the freak is wrong with that play? The HB will have so many lanes to cut up field and get like 10-20 yards... but keeps running towards the sideline.. and eventually gets sacked for a loss of 5 yards. Its ridiculous.

MaddenFranchise10 07-31-2011 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicMan1315 (Post 2042673899)
Yea... It has pretty much made RTG unplayable unless you are a QB at a Spread/Air-Raid/Run N' Shoot school..

Yup, I'm convinced no one tested this game mode at anything but QB.

I was overjoyed to hear that EA was adding depth to RTG this year. I thought they would iron out the flaws that plagued last year's version, and create a more robust and engrossing experience.

Nope.

EA threw some money at RTG this year, but it's still very lackluster when compared to other "be a player" modes from NBA2k, The Show, NHL, and even FIFA.

EA obviously has the resources to make a quality RTG mode, but I feel as though the NCAA devs lack the vision, or perhaps are simply not as talented at creating immersing game modes as other sports-game devs have proven to be.

MagicMan1315 07-31-2011 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaddenFranchise10 (Post 2042673953)

EA threw some money at RTG this year, but it's still very lackluster when compared to other "be a player" modes from NBA2k, The Show, NHL, and even FIFA.

Even FIFA? FIFA has the best one IMO.. :boxing:

Marcus A Rowe 07-31-2011 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apollo1449 (Post 2042672112)
Seriously, what is the deal here? I just don't understand, I play as a running back, go to a school that runs the ball a good amount, but instead I get f**king ******** play calls where the QB will get sacked or throw a damn interception almost every play, even when I call for the ball he'll stand back there and take a 10 yard sack or throw a pick into double coverage. Defense in supersim is abysmal as well. They can't stop a nosebleed and it seems the game punishes you for throwing a pick or fumbling by having the other team march down the field magically in supersim. This is so stupid, I am 3-4 with VT and when you sim a dynasty VT is always 7-0 at that point in the season, the run calls are also horrible, Draws on 3rd and long? WHY??? Am i doing something wrong or is varsity the only playable difficulty where you just hulk over everybody else all the time?

Yeah dude it's pretty unbearable until you can call audibles and hot routes. I about homicided my controller dealing with that horrid playcalling. Now I can audible, call hot routes and blocking adjustments...thank goodness lol.

MaddenFranchise10 07-31-2011 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicMan1315 (Post 2042673963)
Even FIFA? FIFA has the best one IMO.. :boxing:

Sorry, you misunderstood my point because I phrased it oddly.

My point was that EA obviously has the resources to create an engrossing "be a pro" mode, as is evident from their FIFA and NHL franchises.

I wasn't knocking FIFA at all. I was just commenting on how EA hasn't had the same success in NCAA's RTG mode as they had with FIFA and NHL's comparative modes.

It's disappointing that the NCAA devs can't compete with other EASports "be a pro" modes.