Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Fired after 1st season as HC..Need help getting a job! (/forums/showthread.php?t=498732)

tnottke 08-02-2011 02:28 PM

Fired after 1st season as HC..Need help getting a job!

I finished my first season as HC at San Jose State and shockingly, I was fired after the very first season. I decided to take the DC job at Miami, Ohio and I simmed the first season hoping I would get a HC job somewhere after the season. No offers came. I returned to Miami, Ohio and had a very successful season as the DC after simming the year with the hopes of getting a HC job once again. I went throught the coaching carasoul looking for HC jobs, but none were available. I am currently simming through the 4th season (I took the DC job at Kent State) and keeping my fingers crossed that a HC job is open somewhere. Any suggestions on how to actually get a HC job? Once I get the HC job I want to get back into actually playing the games and doing all the recruiting.

speedtrucker 08-02-2011 03:33 PM

Re: Fired after 1st season as HC..Need help getting a job!

if you are simming while being a coordinator at a bad school you are going to have a seriously hard time meeting your goals.

if you can't meet most of your goals then you aren't going to get very many offers for a HC position. you are going to have to bite the bullet and play some games or else stick with the path you are on.

dochalladay32 08-02-2011 03:40 PM

It sounds like you are jumping from low quality job to low quality job. You've got to work up the ladder if you want to be a head coach.

ComebackDylan 08-02-2011 05:04 PM

You have to meet your goals in order to raise your prestige. If you start out a D+ defensive coordinator and hang out in the weaker conferences have so so seasons, you wont see improvement. Neither will AD's that need a new HC. It took me 5 years to land my first HC job in the my first dynasty. My prestige was a B, and the only BCS offer (only had 3 in total) I had was Vanderbilt. They were a 1 star at the time.

Play your games because one, it's fun, and two, you'll have a better chance to move up in the world

Broncos86 08-02-2011 05:22 PM

Yeah, you need to start playing those games.

tnottke 08-02-2011 05:31 PM

Got it. I new something wasn't quite right. Will start over and work my way up by playing all my games. Thanks to all that responded.

PhillyPhanatic 08-02-2011 11:33 PM

Yeah it took me 3 years each as OC for UNLV and Vandy to get my first HC job at Virginia. When the patch comes out and i start again im going to try and become a head coach as quick as possible so i dont have to waste 6 years of being a OC

TDTGodfather 08-03-2011 05:01 PM

coaching progression/prestige is horrible. there's no even distribution or curve. if you start as a C- coord or whatever and have a good season at a small school just about every coach who isn't fired goes up to an A or A+ it seems. so at best you are a B- and everyone else is an A or higher.

you're always behind and never on even ground until your 4th or 5th season and you have to have 4 or 5 really good seasons.

i don't know. i like the idea of CC. i thought they could fix this progression in the next patch but no mention of it.