Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   OS Community Sliders............ (/forums/showthread.php?t=498868)

happydanolesfan 08-03-2011 03:53 AM

OS Community Sliders............

Could someone please tell me which slider set the majority of the OS Community uses for NCAA 12 (XBOX 360)??

SECElit3 08-03-2011 04:13 AM

If you are looking for the perfect slider set, you aren't going to find it. If you want to find a slider set, first you have to determine what skill level fits your ability. Then try various slider sets. Most guys just jump from set to set to find a good base that feels right for them, then usually do minor tweaks to fine tune to their liking.

Good luck in your search

ZekeRoberts 08-03-2011 03:56 PM

Re: OS Community Sliders............

Quote:

Originally Posted by SECElite3 (Post 2042683187)
If you are looking for the perfect slider set, you aren't going to find it. If you want to find a slider set, first you have to determine what skill level fits your ability. Then try various slider sets. Most guys just jump from set to set to find a good base that feels right for them, then usually do minor tweaks to fine tune to their liking.

Good luck in your search

i just want to echo this EXACTLY

it kinda bothers me when I feel that this forum becomes a "competition" of sorts... like a county fair, everybody submits their best and hopes to get some sort of blue ribbon??? i know that is not the intention of MOST of the people here (for example, SEC, i've read enough of your thread/comments elsewhere to know that I am not talking about you as a "competitor"), but sometimes I wonder with some of the comments I see...

i don't think that "slider sets" should necessarily be evaluated as a whole... the statistical odds of anyone hitting the bulls-eye values on just the 20 core gameplay sliders (offense and defense, 10 HUM and 10 CPU) is pretty ridiculous... that's not even mentioning special teams and penalty sliders

then take into consideration that people also post auto-subs and even the coaching adjustments (conservative/balanced/aggressive)... i know it's all in the pursuit of the most realistic playing experience, but to me there's a stark difference between a coaching adjustment that I make as the virtual coach and the gameplay slider that i change so that the game engine reflects real college football!!

/rant...sorry, that's been building up inside for about a week now :)

i just wish that this subforum contained more discussions about the actual sliders, as individual gameplay adjustments... let me try to illustrate SEC's point with my own example: i'm having a real hard time right now keeping CPU QBs under 300 passing yards (the ones who SHOULD be throwing for 300 against me are hitting 400 and 450!!!)... at the same time, in the first game of my current season I got 11 sacks, and followed that up with 6 sacks, even with my pass rush turned down to 20... so what i have to do is sort through everybody's "sets" to figure where most of them have pass coverage, pass rush, and CPU pass block (not to mention the stickler of them all, QBA), and then make my own conclusions from what i see there

now I'm NOT trying to complain about this process, i'm just suggesting that i can imagine an OS universe in which i can sort through threads titled "HUM Pass Coverage" or "HUM Pass Rush vs. CPU Pass Block" which might make it easier for me (and others) to figure out what I need to do. I know I can make these threads (and sometimes people do), but the status quo tends takes on a tone of "TRY MY SLIDERS THEY'RE BETTER THAN THE OTHER FIFTEEN SETS LISTED ON THIS PAGE!" which is inevitably followed by "Sorry, these aren't for me, thanks anyways..." as if somebody blindly entered them into the game and then wrote them all off without getting anything from the experience!!!

happydanolesfan 08-04-2011 01:51 AM

LOL, your completely right when referring to the fact that "the qb's who should be throwing for 300 are throwing for 450-500 yards, lol..........lately I've been using SN's All American sliders, which seem to have a good base to them but why such a significant flaw in the statistics reflected by quarterback numbers? Also the pass rush reference I found to hold true as well.....I mean come on pass rush set to 20 and your still getting 10+ sacks a game? How can I change this to reflect stats.

ZekeRoberts 08-04-2011 02:33 AM

i'm still having trouble with the pass rush thing, but here's one thing i found to be true:

remember that pass rush isn't just about getting sacks. yes it will be the end result, sometimes more often than not, but (depending on the QB) pass rush will also help create the overthrows/underthrows that we all desperately want to see... i think that the field is just a little too small compared to the player models and so we will have to live with most of our incompletions being of the physical break-up variety (i'm pretty set on using 40 for both QBA and WRC, on both HUM and CPU), so in the meantime i'm trying to keep pass coverage around 40 as well, lowering pass rush a bit (30-40) but really the sacks will have to be controlled by turning up pass blocking

TarHeelPhenom 08-04-2011 05:58 PM

Sliders are only half the story. The other half is individual player ratings. The ratings affect the way players play. If you want to cut CPU throwing stats down then lower their QB Accuracy. I've found doing that and putting QB ACC slider at 40 does great. Every QB is not the same and you want them to have as much individuality as possible in a video game. Looking through the forums and looking at different people's philospphies, the formula I use for QB ACC is to take the QB's compl percentage from last year and add 10 points to it. If you do that then you should be able to count on one hand the number of QB's who would have an 80 or better THR ACC. EA rating QB's with 88 ACC is entirely too high. That's why the silders are needed more than anything else.