Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Is LS its own position this year? (/forums/showthread.php?t=499541)

Jibbler 08-05-2011 12:19 AM

Is LS its own position this year?

I read that LS will be in the game this year. but are they going to have their own positon or will it just come under C?

pjmoore 28 08-05-2011 12:47 AM

Idk, but I kinda see LS as one of those irrelevant positions because a punt always happens the same, I hit a, the ball goes to my punter, and I kick it. So honestly I just throw anyone in that position. But if they had the ball flying over ur head and stuff like that I might give it some more respect, but to answer ur question, I have no clue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah...THAT Guy 08-05-2011 12:59 AM

Re: Is LS its own position this year?

Do you mean like a guy's position is LS and nothing else? If so, I have no idea, but they definitely allow you to pick a LS from your team. I usually make it my backup C.

CRMosier_LM 08-05-2011 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy (Post 2042690974)
Do you mean like a guy's position is LS and nothing else? If so, I have no idea, but they definitely allow you to pick a LS from your team. I usually make it my backup C.

i believe they come in as offensive lineman.

peter77733 08-05-2011 01:21 AM

Long Snappers are finally in the game??? Yay!!! That means I'll finally see 49ers TE Brian Jennings in the game. About damn time.

Argooos 08-05-2011 05:50 AM

Yeah I think they're in the game, but I doubt they gave them their proper position.
it's a shame, but I understand it. If they were going to do that, they would have to create a new rating called "Long Snapping", so if you put just anyone in that position you'd have balls flying over your head. Long Snappers are one of those positions where you never notice them if they're doing their job, but as soon as they screw up everyone notices.

Cnada 08-05-2011 06:41 AM

It is nice that they are in the game, but the position is completely useless in Madden lets be honest just like P and K. The difference between a 56 and 96 is minimal. Might make the difference between 45-55 yard fg. Thats really little considering. I would really like to see the ratings even more meaningful from the stretch of a few years ago :)

cgalligan 08-05-2011 09:18 AM

I remember a game awhile back, with legend players, made by that other company that had a really cool concept behind snapping the ball on Field Goals and Punts.

Rather than have this 1999 kicking meter, where you simply press X to start then X again to stop, this other game did something really cool.

To snap the ball you pull back on your right stick, to kick the ball, you flick the stick up as the kicker approaches the ball. The cool part was, the quality of the snap was determined by how straight you pulled back on your right stick...

So, for example, if you pull back very quick, it would result in a high snap... Pull back too slow, and you would get a low snap... Pull back to much to the left or right, and the snap would go in that direction, and the holder would have to make the adjustment just to get the ball down for the attempt...

Then of course, your kick accuracy was determined by how straight you flick your right stick as you approached the ball... Too far right, kick sales right... Too far left, kick sales left... Not quick enough, kick is short and so on...

Same thing went for punting... If you had a "bad snap" you could actually see real legitimate blocked punts... Blocked punts could be caused by the punter needing to make an adjustment to catch the snap, pick up the low snap, jump for the high snap and so on... Unlike Madden where every single snap for FG and Punts are the same...

Would be neat if something like this could be added to Madden in the future...