Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Like game but dynasty seasons play too slow for me, any of these ideas sound good? (/forums/showthread.php?t=499852)

Brock72 08-05-2011 09:35 PM

Like game but dynasty seasons play too slow for me, any of these ideas sound good?

I really want faster dynasty seasons. Its just too slow for me.

1. I could lower my quarter length from 5 mins maybe to 2 mins?

2. I could sim the entire game? Not sure if this is possible since I get utterly annihilated when I sim games.

3. I could choose to sim just my defense and still play offense?

4. I could ignore recruiting and maybe let cpu take it over (not crazy about this option but included it)

Any of these ideas sound ok or maybe I am missing something?

bgeno 08-05-2011 10:03 PM

Re: Like game but dynasty seasons play too slow for me, any of these ideas sound good

You could play only conference games. Or only rivals and ranked opponents. Or every other game or something.

I wouldn't lower quarter lengths, though. That would throw off your stats too much... 5-minute quarters is already really low.

Shroom 08-05-2011 10:10 PM

Re: Like game but dynasty seasons play too slow for me, any of these ideas sound good

None of those really sound like a good idea...

TDenverFan 08-05-2011 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock72 (Post 2042694117)
I really want faster dynasty seasons. Its just too slow for me.

1. I could lower my quarter length from 5 mins maybe to 2 mins?

No. 5 Minutes is as low as you really can play.

2. I could sim the entire game? Not sure if this is possible since I get utterly annihilated when I sim games.

This could work... Might not be fun not playing any games

3. I could choose to sim just my defense and still play offense?

I do this sometimes. And this year I'm an OC.

4. I could ignore recruiting and maybe let cpu take it over (not crazy about this option but included it)

I would not recommend this.

Any of these ideas sound ok or maybe I am missing something?

10 characters

UKwannabe 08-06-2011 03:41 AM

I always just play offense and super sim the defense unless I really need a stop. Defense to me is only fun when your playing a human opponent that actually has tendencies.

Anywho, makes playing the dynasty games tolerable at least IMO.

Az2k12 08-06-2011 04:31 AM

I make defense tolerable by breaking school records for sacks :google:

pmurray20 08-06-2011 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Az2k12 (Post 2042694976)
I make defense tolerable by breaking school records for sacks :google:

i can only do that with a random LB seeing that all my lineman get thrown to the ground every play haha even when im using say Nathan Williams for OSU and his 92 overall just gets tossed to the ground like hes a piece of paper

chessmyantidrug 08-06-2011 07:08 AM

It usually gets to the point where I actually hate playing the game and I would rather just recruit players. Besides, I win the vast majority of most games I play against the computer regardless of how talented either team is. Simulating those games takes me out of the equation and leaves me to build my team solely through recruiting. I find this rather challenging and a lot more fun.