Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden 12 - Who will have the best strategy guide for purchase? (/forums/showthread.php?t=500319)

vumpler 08-14-2011 02:54 AM

Re: Madden 12 - Who will have the best strategy guide for purchase?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mazinkaiser (Post 2042724849)
Aren't there a lot of free youtube vids? Paying for help just seems nuts to me.

"pay for help" isn't the scenario. Paying for someone to combine all of the current information we know about this title, saving me hours and hours in the lab is very beneficial. The $30 or whatever it is, is the least of my worries. Money isn't an object, but time critically is. Working 60-80 hours a week just does you in man. So getting to enjoy my time playing because of paying someone $30 for rounding up a lot of info for me? I'm in all day!

I buy 2 games a year. Madden and the "hot" FPS. $30 is nothing.

Cre8 08-14-2011 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vumpler (Post 2042724888)
"pay for help" isn't the scenario. Paying for someone to combine all of the current information we know about this title, saving me hours and hours in the lab is very beneficial. The $30 or whatever it is, is the least of my worries. Money isn't an object, but time critically is. Working 60-80 hours a week just does you in man. So getting to enjoy my time playing because of paying someone $30 for rounding up a lot of info for me? I'm in all day!

I buy 2 games a year. Madden and the "hot" FPS. $30 is nothing.

There are a lot of options out there. A lot depends on whether you want videos to watch quickly or a book to read while you are 'on the throne'.

I have heard from people on different sides of the print/video chasm.

Have you come to a decision on that aspect?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mazinkaiser (Post 2042724849)
Aren't there a lot of free youtube vids? Paying for help just seems nuts to me.

In my experience, you get what you pay for. Personally, I find many of the vids on youtube to be either highlight videos or low quality 'this play works every single time' videos put up by 13 year-olds.

I hope for those interested in the Prima Guide that they aren't disappointed if they do buy it. I could tell by their website that they two guys writing it seem to know their stuff. Hopefully it is as high in quality as some on this thread claim it should be.

KOACHK 08-14-2011 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM (Post 2042710792)
NOT THIS YEAR!!! They have 2 new guys that did the whole Prima guide this year. It is SGibs7 and Zfarls owners of www.MaddenBible.com! Those guys are animals!!!!!! I may even be able to get you guys a code for 20% off if you order online.

I cosign 100% CR.

Vumpler and everyone else:
For several years now, Sgibs and Zfarls from www.MaddenBible.com have been doing Madden tips geared towards improving casual players skills to the point that they can play competitively against any type of opponent, online, offline, wherever. They host a weekly Madden show called “This Week In Madden” (TWIM), and Sgibs posts a daily YouTube show called “The MadDen”. They are committed to giving casual players a welcoming place to improve and/or sharpen their Madden game.

They have written the NCAA 12 and upcoming Madden 12 strategy guide for Prima. Not only do they have a passion for the game, they've also had experience playing at the highest levels of competition. It's not hard at all to reach out to them with any questions or concerns you may have, and they will get back to you ASAP. Sgibs and Zfarls Twitter handles are @Sgibs7 and @maddenbible .

If you enter the cupon code "COMPETE4EVER" you can get 20% off of preorders for Prima's Madden 12 Strategy Guide.

For anyone that's been disappointed by sub-par Madden leagues in the past, or are just looking for a fun, fair, fast, and free league that offers prizes, check out the leagues at www.Compete4ever.com . You can sign up at www.Compete4ever.com/Sign-Up .

-Enjoy!

biggameplayerz 08-14-2011 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KOACHK (Post 2042725676)
I cosign 100% CR.

For several years now, Sgibs and Zfarls from www.MaddenBible.com have been doing Madden tips geared towards improving casual players skills to the point that they can play competitively against any type of opponent, online, offline, wherever. They host a weekly Madden show called “This Week In Madden” (TWIM), and Sgibs posts a daily YouTube show called “The MadDen”. They are committed to giving casual players a welcoming place to improve and/or sharpen their Madden game.

They have written the NCAA 12 and upcoming Madden 12 strategy guide for Prima. Not only do they have a passion for the game, they've also had experience playing at the highest levels of competition. It's not hard at all to reach out to them with any questions or concerns you may have, and they will get back to you ASAP. Sgibs and Zfarls Twitter handles are @Sgibs7 and @maddenbible .

If you enter the cupon code "COMPETE4EVER" you can get 20% off of preorders for Prima's Madden 12 Strategy Guide.

For anyone that's been disappointed by sub-par Madden leagues in the past, or are just looking for a fun, fair, fast, and free league that offers prizes, check out the leagues at www.Compete4ever.com . You can sign up at www.Compete4ever.com/Sign-Up .

-Enjoy!

What a steaming pile of BS. How can you come on here and defend this crap and then try to tell everyone to use your promo code when buying? I hope nobody falls for this.

KOACHK 08-14-2011 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggameplayerz (Post 2042727014)
What a steaming pile of BS. How can you come on here and defend this crap and then try to tell everyone to use your promo code when buying? I hope nobody falls for this.

He asked a question, and we answered it; along with passing on a discount. What's so wrong with helping him out? Is there something wrong with just enjoying Madden and trying to improve at it? The negativity from some people here is ridiculous.

vumpler 08-14-2011 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KOACHK (Post 2042725676)
I cosign 100% CR.

-Enjoy!

I like the idea of the league, not sure about the paper strategy guide though...

Mad 69 08-15-2011 12:29 AM

I couldn't imagine a bigger waste of money - there is no need to buy a strat guide for this game. Don't bother with the other BS guides that show you the cheez plays either...

EarvGotti 08-15-2011 12:50 AM

The two best online guides I used before are www.Madden-school.com and www.maddenguides.com