Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   New Player Overall Formula? (/forums/showthread.php?t=500797)

brettmickey 08-08-2011 05:18 PM

New Player Overall Formula?

Alright so I went into Madden 11 rosters to update some of my players and get their new overalls. For instance, I wanted to make Stevie Johnson from an 85 (Madden 11 rating) to an 86 (Madden 12 rating). So I go into the player editor and realize every single individual rating is exactly the same (like catching, route running, etc). Does this mean that Donny Moore is using a tweaked formula to get new overalls or does this mean that the individual ratings have no effect on the overall?
Does he just pick whatever overall he likes and then throws in individual ratings? Personally I believe the overalls should be formed by the individual ratings effecting the overall number. Those individual ratings should have a certain weight to them depending on the position that person plays. Does anyone have any info on this?

XtremeDunkz 08-08-2011 05:22 PM

Re: New Player Overall Formula?

just get rid of the overall. Josh Cribbs overall of 79 proves that the rating is useless as his individual WR ratings are horrible. And before someone says he is rated 79 because of his returning abilities that is false as he is rated a 99 as a kick returner. The 79 rating stems strictly as a WR.

Yeah...THAT Guy 08-08-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtremedunkz (Post 2042702994)
just get rid of the overall. Josh Cribbs overall of 79 proves that the rating is useless as his individual WR ratings are horrible. And before someone says he is rated 79 because of his returning abilities that is false as he is rated a 99 as a kick returner. The 79 rating stems strictly as a WR.

I would assume he's a 79 because of his elusiveness, juke/spin, etc, stuff like that, and the physical stuff (speed, accel, agility, jumping).

brettmickey 08-08-2011 05:32 PM

yeah it seems like the overall number has no correspondence with that player's positional and physical abilities. The overall number seems like Donny plugged it in with no regard to the other ratings. Kind of unfortunate really

XtremeDunkz 08-08-2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy (Post 2042703016)
I would assume he's a 79 because of his elusiveness, juke/spin, etc, stuff like that, and the physical stuff (speed, accel, agility, jumping).

You are probably right, but in that case the overall rating formula needs to be blown up and re done from scratch. Giving a WR his ratings based off speed and open field ability is like saying Jamarcus Russell should be rated a 90. If your catching and route running ability are in the 60's, there is no reason why your overall should be touching 80.

Palo20 08-08-2011 05:40 PM

Or I will once again plug my own idea of creating our own OVR formula!

Yeah...THAT Guy 08-08-2011 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtremedunkz (Post 2042703053)
You are probably right, but in that case the overall rating formula needs to be blown up and re done from scratch. Giving a WR his ratings based off speed and open field ability is like saying Jamarcus Russell should be rated a 90. If your catching and route running ability are in the 60's, there is no reason why your overall should be touching 80.

Completely agreed. Even if they don't allow us to make our own overall formula, I would think Looman could pretty easily bring over his overall idea from HC09 where you go through and set what type of player you want for each position (example: Speed, Burner WR; See Raiders, Route Running, Quick WR; Like maybe the Colts?, or Tall, Redzone Target WR; Like the Giants had with Plaxico). That was a great system.

brettmickey 08-08-2011 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtremedunkz (Post 2042703053)

I agree. Here is a list of 3 WRs. I would like to know (without looking them up) which one has which overall. Their overalls are: 79, 75, and 71.
Spd Acc Agl Awr Cat Jmp Elu Smv Jmv Spc Cit Rrg
Player A: 93 91 91 68 78 92 90 85 88 77 82 74

Player B: 92 96 98 86 69 90 98 98 99 69 75 70

Player C: 95 97 96 74 76 84 93 88 92 66 68 72

So which player is the 79, 75, and 71?

Wow the columns wont line up. Sorry for the messy look