Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   For the Love of God People... (/forums/showthread.php?t=501301)

jaybru22 08-09-2011 09:57 PM

For the Love of God People...

I love NCAA 12. Am hooked. Love playing online.

But 2/3rds out of every people I play do not play the game in any way that resembles real college football. Either they run the ball every. single. play., they play as a team with a giant wideout and just throw it up to him and user catch every time, they run WR end-arounds every play, etc. It is mind boggling: Are these people having fun doing this?

Has anybody else been noticing this? It has become a rarity to play a full, realistic game with somebody who can play solid football and who doesn't quit. UGH.

TDenverFan 08-09-2011 10:19 PM

Re: For the Love of God People...

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaybru22 (Post 2042708549)
I love NCAA 12. Am hooked. Love playing online.

But 2/3rds out of every people I play do not play the game in any way that resembles real college football. Either they run the ball every. single. play., they play as a team with a giant wideout and just throw it up to him and user catch every time, they run WR end-arounds every play, etc. It is mind boggling: Are these people having fun doing this?

Has anybody else been noticing this? It has become a rarity to play a full, realistic game with somebody who can play solid football and who doesn't quit. UGH.

Yep. Most people are like that.

I agree it doesn't seem fun.

MagicMan1315 08-09-2011 10:29 PM

I quite all sports online play last year. (expect for FIFA Be a Pro)

I suggest everyone does the same.

novadolla 08-09-2011 10:33 PM

lol beating these guys is easy, i have a much harder time beating someone who plays sim ball. So yes i do have fun kicking these guys ***. I can beat a top 5 player then struggle against a well balanced well put together offense. The hike and chuck doesn't really bother me, stick skills scares the heck out of these guys. Once they see user pick pop up on their screen they get gun shy lol.

Here is a vid of some guy "I OU A BEATIN" beating down some douch cheeser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNS_r...layer_embedded

mpeterso 08-09-2011 10:34 PM

I haven't played online since 2006 and it sounds like nothings changed since.

billyboy316 08-10-2011 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by novadolla (Post 2042708689)
lol beating these guys is easy, i have a much harder time beating someone who plays sim ball. So yes i do have fun kicking these guys ***. I can beat a top 5 player then struggle against a well balanced well put together offense. The hike and chuck doesn't really bother me, stick skills scares the heck out of these guys. Once they see user pick pop up on their screen they get gun shy lol.

I love his excuse at the end about playing after a 9 hour work day lol. I only play online against people I know for this very reason. I would rather lose to a good player than beat someone who tries the same play over and over.

gopher_guy 08-10-2011 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by novadolla (Post 2042708689)

For the life of me I can't understand how that would be fun. The same play over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.

BaylorBearBryant 08-10-2011 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicMan1315 (Post 2042708670)
I quit all sports online play last year. (expect for FIFA Be a Pro)

I suggest everyone does the same.

Or the EASHL in NHL12. It has it's cheesers, but when you get a solid game, there is no better sports gaming experience.