Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   The Truth about ESPN Football Crizzibz Paper Football (/forums/showthread.php?t=50151)

DouglasMcc 09-06-2003 03:48 AM

The Truth about ESPN Football Crizzibz Paper Football

Take a stroll over to Gone Gold and read Mr. Harris's remarks:

http://www.gonegold.com/nightcall/2003/09/05.shtml#link

I have already seen 3 of the items he speaks of and I just rented the game this afternoon. I love VC, but they dropped the ball this year. This game is pretty much multiplayer only.... sigh

Symtex 09-06-2003 06:22 AM

Re: The Truth about ESPN Football

Thanks for the laugh.. Do you really take this guys opinion seriously. All I read was bitterness and frustration. ESPN football ain't like that at all

roadpimp 09-06-2003 06:51 AM

haha what an a**clown

Jistic 09-06-2003 07:17 AM

Interesting, thanks for posting it. I will say one thing, he's right about the CPU punting and not going for FG's unless they are REAL close. There have been many occaisions where the CPU punts from MY 30!!! Peter even ridicules them for doing it!!

Erv 09-06-2003 07:18 AM

he has some points. I don't know what the hell happened to kickoff returns(online it's always to the 35 plus), punt returns(no blocking all of a sudden), and the 2 minute drill really sucks this year.

sportsgeist 09-06-2003 07:38 AM

Most of the people playing ESPN don't have HDTVs anyway and it still supports 480p.

It's still not as bad as Madden2004 where you couldn't get your draft classes to work. On top of that EA didn't tell people in advance either.

Some people don't realize that the CPU has to start their 2 minute offense based on how long the quarters are set and how many points they're down. If you have your quarters set at 5 minutes and they're down by 2 or 3 TDs then they're going to start before the forth quarter rolls around. You want more realistic CPU 2 minute offense then set your quarters at 15 minutes.

If your team is ahead by points why would you risk a turnover before the half by passing the freakin ball.

I had to stop reading after this point. This guy is clearly some Madden fan blasting ESPN. Half the stuff he talked about he didn't have happen to him but someone else. This guy is a BIG LOSER

Bill_Abner 09-06-2003 08:12 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
DouglasMcc said:
Take a stroll over to Gone Gold and read Mr. Harris's remarks:

http://www.gonegold.com/nightcall/2003/09/05.shtml#link

I have already seen 3 of the items he speaks of and I just rented the game this afternoon. I love VC, but they dropped the ball this year. This game is pretty much multiplayer only.... sigh

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Bill Harris is a good online buddy of mine and he loves sports games as much as anyone here. He's not an EA lover, he just has his opinion--and he makes some valid points. Personally I haven't seen the crazy late game AI that he describes; I've seen the AI go no huddle late in the half even though they do seem to take too much time before the ball is snapped. Not quite a game killer imo. The HDTV doesn't affect me since my TV doesn't support it but it's a huge mistake on Sega's part to screw that up.

Regardless, don't let what one guy says, be it me, Bill Harris, or Carrot Top change your opinion about any game that you already enjoy. A lot of the issues the game has can be fixed (see the exhaustive slider threads in this forum).

That said, I have to disagree with Bill about which game rules the roost this year. ESPN has its hooks in me bigtime now after fixing the flag route problem.

http://www.gamespy.com/articles/september03/nflroundup/

BTB 09-06-2003 08:17 AM

First of all does EA even support 720p? They shouldnt be in this discussion.

This guy is an absolute ***. I can't believe he would talk about the way VC treats it customers - "No one thought the customers deserved a heads-up before the game shipped that 720p support wasn't being delivered?

Damned customers. What an inconvenience!"

VC listens to EVERYTHING we say, that is what is so great about them. This guy doesnt deserve to play any of their great games.